It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

• Questions

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-11-2021, 10:59 PM   #1
    Jonh 1
    (male)

Jonh 1 HB User
    Questions

Hello,

I have asthma and have some questions.

First, I could not find any proper place to post it, it's about keeping medicine cool. Currently I take Foster 200/6 and I'm concerned about outside temperature being too high. In the instructions it says it should be stored at temperatures no higher than 25 degrees celsius, and with summer it's just under 30.
    There is no place in the house to store it where temperature would be lower. No ac. Can't store in in the refrigerator since it's too cold.

What solutions exist for this issue?

Secondly, my doctor wants to try some therapies, like allergy shots. Are they safe?

Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jonh 1 For This Useful Post:
    Shalina (07-12-2021)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2021, 08:04 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Questions

just put it in a medicine cabinet, linen closet, etc. That will be fine. it's cooler in those kinds of places. I keep mine in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. No problems.

If your asthma is allergy related, an antihistamine daily - or twice daily - could help. Shots are great too but take a lot of dedication. I'm 75 and have been off and on them since I was a teenager. Go get tested and see what that shows.

Old 07-12-2021, 01:44 PM   #3
    Jonh 1
    (male)

Jonh 1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    just put it in a medicine cabinet, linen closet, etc. That will be fine. it's cooler in those kinds of places. I keep mine in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. No problems.

If your asthma is allergy related, an antihistamine daily - or twice daily - could help. Shots are great too but take a lot of dedication. I'm 75 and have been off and on them since I was a teenager. Go get tested and see what that shows.
    Temperature in those places is still over 25 degrees, it helps with 1 degree or somewhere around that.

Aren't there any devices that can lower the temperature below 25 but not at near 0?

What I did find is some expensive small fridge like devices and smaller insulin ones, that keep the temperature close to 0.

Just not sure where to start.

Old 07-12-2021, 02:27 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I found this on the mfg page: "Do not store above 25C (for a maximum of 3 months).

The canister contains a pressurised liquid. Do not expose to temperatures higher than 50C."

So it looks like you are fine as you will use up the product before the 3 months is past.

You should ask your pharmacist if you have further concerns.

Reply Reply

« Asthma frustration | - »