It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

symptoms might be eliminated without drugs or fancy weirdo treatments

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2003, 01:59 PM   #1
HAAR
(female)

HAAR HB User
Wink symptoms might be eliminated without drugs or fancy weirdo treatments

Childrens or adults symptoms might be eliminated with out drugs or fancy weirdo treatments, mine did:
Read on please.

First of all I would never intend to trivialize the seriousness of the disease asthma. But what if a child / adult was misdiagnosed.

You may have read my posts on how I discovered that my two children have a severe sensitivity to chlorinated tap water. (they cannot drink it), (even bathing in it effected my smaller 3 year old a small amount). They had coughs (severe for the smaller 3 year old) for a whopping TEN months. (During the whole ten months they had seen their pediatricians many times).
After suffering so long and so much, my younger child took hours to fall asleep every night even tho she had Delsym (a strong over the counter cough syrup). Near the end of the ten months I started suspecting the quality of water at the water company that serviced our home. I discovered the company had started putting chlorine into the water at the same time my kids coughs started. I immediatly put them on bottled water for all their drinking and anything that was a juice was all prepared with purchased bottled water from the store. Their coughs went away within days. I kept them on bottled water and the continued being all well. Their nighmare was really over.
During the ordeal they had seen their pediatricians many times to go on antibiotics and they even treated them with asthma meds. They even started telling us they could be developing asthma. All the time it was just the chlorine in our tap water. The actual dates of the company starting the new chlorine treatment and my kids coughing were within a few days of each other.
My children are extra sensitive/allergic to chlorine. Maybe your child is too.
Check to see if he/she is getting chlorine tap water in your home a relatives home, a freinds home, school, etc. It may or may not be the source of whats making them sick.
Chlorine could be making some peoples very serious allergy/asthma symptoms worse, or creating symptoms that seem like asthma/allergies and they are being misdiagnosed.
I'd be very interested if any one discovers they have the same problem with chlorine as my children do.
My younger child is now 12 years old and she has even had trouble "once" just last year with a heavily chlorinated pool water effecting her skin (pain, burning and a scab like roughness a week later like the skin was then healing).
Please let me know how it goes.
Heather

[Please read and follow the board posting guidelines.
Do not post your email address on the message boards. Thank you! ]

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 01-02-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread