It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

• Does it matter where you live?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #1
    rljslh
    (female)

rljslh HB User
    Does it matter where you live?

I have had asthma for a long time now. I use to live in Michigan and I would end up in the hospital every fall and some springs. We moved to Texas for a few months (we move alot due to my husbands job) While we were there I felt great. No problems breathting. Well now we are in good Ol Tennessee (very pretty here) but lately I have been having so much troubles. I do little stuff and I fell like l am out of breath. I have had to take my inhaler at least 1-2xs a day for the past 2 weeks. I want to know does where you live effect your asthma? If so what are the best places to live? Does anyone know? Thanks for the input

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Does it matter where you live?

Well, you evidently have some triggers that are more prevalent in these places than others. Perhaps it's ragweed, or cold weather, or who knows what. Have you been tested for allergies? I must tell you that a lot of people who move to the south and don't have allergies, end up with them here. We're humid, got lots of bad allergens growing and it's just alla round bad for people with allergies and asthma.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:17 AM   #3
    rasaht
    (female)

rasaht HB User

Well yeah the conditions where you live do matter. I live in New Zealand which has one of the highest rates of asthma in the world. Before we came here, I didn't know anyone with asthma, but here it's like 1 in 5 people, at least, have got an inhaler. It's cuz it's such a damp climate, many allergens, and the houses are poorly ventilated and uninsulated.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:40 AM   #4
    Sarz
    (female)

Sarz HB User

Yes it does... England has the worst rate of asthma in the whole of Europe - here 1 in 5 children & 1 in 10 adults have it. Again as rasaht said its likely to be down to the weather & old buildings we live in.

Closed Thread