It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

• Can I be allergic to prednisone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-20-2007, 01:30 AM   #1
    ShiningStarLive
    (female)

ShiningStarLive HB User
    Can I be allergic to prednisone?

I was given a 250mg solu-medrol injection on Monday around 3pm for bad asthma. I was then prescribed prednisone to help w/my asthma (in addition to my normal singulair and advair and albuteral inhaler) as I recover from a bad flu. I was told to take 60mg every morning for 5 days.
    I've taken pred. before and never have felt this bad from it before. I have severe headaches and severe dizzyness.
    I go to the county clinic and have been trying to get in touch w/my doctor all week and she never has called me back and now they are closed on weekends.
    Right now I finally feel better (after almost 24 hours), but I'm supposed to take another dose this AM (in about 3 hours). I don't want to. I don't want to take any more of these pills. I feel good now.
    I cannot function on these pills.
    I'm afraid if I go to the ER they won't help me, because right NOW (as the pills' effects are finally dissapating) I don't feel bad. But if I take them and feel bad again, I cannot drive myself to the hospital.
    Please help!! What should I do?
    Can I just not take the last 2 days worth of the pred? I'm supposed to go to work today and tomorrow, and I need to 'cause I've missed ALL week due to this horrible horrible dizziness.

Last edited by ShiningStarLive; 10-20-2007 at 01:32 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to ShiningStarLive:
    jenn800 (02-03-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2007, 06:53 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Can I be allergic to prednisone?

PRednisone raises your blood pressure. This is what is causing your problems. Most people have this same reaction. It ususally lessons as time goes by. DO NOT stop the medication without talking with your doctor.

Closed Thread