It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

• Short of breath .. Acid reflux?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2009, 12:22 AM   #1
    italiannyc17
    (male)

italiannyc17 HB User
    Short of breath .. Acid reflux?

Been short of breath for 2 days now, seems worse at night when im just laying in bed and keeps me from sleeping.

Clean x ray , blew a 350 into peak flow, given a breathing treament, blew a 600 .. im 24 btw

im on proair and pulmicort .. was fine for 3 weeks since starting it now its back again .. stopped talking the proair for 2 of those 3 weeks cuz i felt i didnt need it ..

I dont feel any syptoms for acid reflux but every post i see talks about how it could be acid reflux ..

Can i just take a prilosec and see what happens without causing harm

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2009, 04:19 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Short of breath .. Acid reflux?

ABSOLUTELY! That would be a good test. Have you tried a puff of the albuterol for this? If that doesn't work, then try the prilosec.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
    italiannyc17
    (male)

italiannyc17 HB User
    Re: Short of breath .. Acid reflux?

yeah i take it , it helps me a lil bit .. but i always feel i need more cuz im always short of breath thru out the day , im very frustrated cuz i was fine for 3 weeks and now im back to being short of breath all day long ..

i wanna go back to the er but honestly, i just feel there gunna tell me its my asthma again..

i have a nebulizer, id wanna take it but i hate having to wait another 8 hours to take it after

and i thought the pulimicort was suppost to stop this ..

i dont understand how i could just be fine then all of a sudden while laying down going to bed one day .. BAM i cant breath again and its been 3 days

Closed Thread