It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

• Advair emergency room help also zoloft

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
    Juice12222
    (male)

Juice12222 HB User
    Advair emergency room help also zoloft

Hello my name is Hugo and I'm 15 I need some feedback on what had happened and some thoughts aswel. Last Tuesday from this day I had an allergic response to advair wich made my heart rate go up and I ended up in the emergency room but before I get anywhere else let me tel you my store. I've had adman for about 6 7 years but nothing strong at all until November on 2011 my adman started acting up and I started missing school so I went to doctor and he said I needed a refill on my red albuterul inhaler and he also said I needed a new thing called advair. Now I didn't buy the advair until this Tuesday because we couldn't afford it and my dad insurance was not open so we simply tolled pharmacist to fad the doctor to get another prescription so we finally bought it. That day I took a dose in morning like instructed , btw I didn't go to school that day , I took the dose but really didn't get any bad symptoms, at around 8 or 9 pm I was ready to take my 2n dose for the day rite after I did I had a small reactio I could really catch my breat , after a min it got worst so I yelled at my parents and next thing you know I was in the car and we were driving. I was very scared as ignite had seen a ghost! At around half way to the hospital I remember shaking trembling awhile in the car and I was closing my eyes but I didn't and then it stopes and I could catchy breath. After airing at the entrench room I was sat down and I was trying to catch my breath but I simply couldn't my heart was pounding and I was scared very scared and I was shaking. When I was in a room hooked up my heart rate got to 160 at one point and I had a rash on the spot of my torso by my stomach. They said everything was okay and that I might have had a reaction to advair so they kept me for the night and I couldn't aleekp cause my fear of everything happening again was in my head. The next morning I went home and I got some rest. After getting sleep that night of wensday I woke up with a migraine dry mouth and I was stil scared of what had happened I also had troubles eating. At around 12 or one I couldn't catch my breath and I was scared any heart rate was going up so my mom rushed me to a nearby clinic wich is two blocks away. They took me in and checked me and said my heart was fine and my oxegeon lvl was fine aswel I talked to my doctor and he said advair was not good for my heart and that my heart didn't like it. After leAving the clinic I just couldn't take it anymore and I was rushed into emergency room again I spent a night there and they did further research and said my hear was healthy and perfect. But I stil had a headache dry mouth inflammation in my thraot wich didn't let me breath good , they gave me some medicine to headache fever and imflamation and it helped btw I also talked To a sykayatrist sorry for the spelling btw. Airbrush. Medicine I felt so much Better enough to go home and they said it was anaciety from this whole situtioN that was really bothering me and has been causing me to get my heart rat up now before I left they gave me medications I needed to buy or atleSt they were about to. They stil tolled me to take advair two times a day and I said that my doctor from the clinic said not to and that's when they left the room to go get differn mere. They said I need my rescue inhaler simbicolt and zoloft ani depression formy new disease anxiety and I was out the door, now here I am again with a migraine dry mouth bath breAth and smal fever and stil scared. I'm trying to calm my self down and get ready for tomorow . I will have my new medications tomorrow and I'm scared because ; ive heard advair and simbicolt are kinda the same what I'm worked about is that both medicines have a steroid wich nurses said caused my heart to rush and me going to emergency room in first place so I'm scared of what my symptoms wil be and if al of this wil happen again they did say take 2 doses a day . Should I take 2 or 1 ? Now they did say it should help my Asian but this is coming from the doctor that was telling mr to take advair again until I tolled here that my other clinical docotor tolled me not to because it was bad for my heart. I'm also gonna start zoloft wich should help me not getting scared wich triggers anciety btw this is al new medicines to me there was a third one I think but I can't remember so now I'm really scared more of simbicolt and if it will trigger al of this again just like advair did instead of my adman itself sorry for the bad spelling btw I'm typing this on my phone. Please hop me give me feed back and tel me what should I do should I take LEDs or not?! Email me asap and ask questions if you need to!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2011, 05:23 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Advair emergency room help also zoloft

I've read all 3 of your posts and feel that 2 things are going on:

1) You do not understand your asthma nor the meds given you for it.
    2) This lack of understanding is causing great anxiety.

Quite often, asthma and the meds are not well explained to minors. Since you are only 15, I am thinking that's the whole center of the issue. You have 2 meds - one is a daily maintenance drug - the advair, symbicort, etc are such drugs - and a rescue inhaler for when you have an attack. Daily meds are generally 2 types - single med drug that contains only a steroid (such as Flovent) and a dual med drug that contains the steroid and a dialator such as albuterol. Your rescue inhaler contains only a dialator such as albuterol.

Now, the dialators in the dual med and the rescue inhaler are "uppers' and will elevate your blood pressure and heart beat. That is a normal side effect that lasts only a few minutes. After taking the drugs for a while, that goes away altogether in most people as the body adjusts to it. I suspect this is what scared you and made you think that you were "allergic" to the advair. Then the anxiety set in because you didn't know it was a normal reaction.

I would talk with your pulmonologist about this and get better educated on your condition and the drugs. That should allay your fears and help get your asthma under control.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I agree. Advair, Symicort and the rescue inhaler can all cause racing pulse. Unless your pulse gets VERY high (over 200) it's not dangerous. However, if it makes you feel very bad, you can ask for a different medicine.

Perhaps your pulmonolgist's nurse can take some time to educate you and your parents about asthma medications.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
    Juice12222
    (male)

Juice12222 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    I've read all 3 of your posts and feel that 2 things are going on:

1) You do not understand your asthma nor the meds given you for it.
    2) This lack of understanding is causing great anxiety.

Quite often, asthma and the meds are not well explained to minors. Since you are only 15, I am thinking that's the whole center of the issue. You have 2 meds - one is a daily maintenance drug - the advair, symbicort, etc are such drugs - and a rescue inhaler for when you have an attack. Daily meds are generally 2 types - single med drug that contains only a steroid (such as Flovent) and a dual med drug that contains the steroid and a dialator such as albuterol. Your rescue inhaler contains only a dialator such as albuterol.

Now, the dialators in the dual med and the rescue inhaler are "uppers' and will elevate your blood pressure and heart beat. That is a normal side effect that lasts only a few minutes. After taking the drugs for a while, that goes away altogether in most people as the body adjusts to it. I suspect this is what scared you and made you think that you were "allergic" to the advair. Then the anxiety set in because you didn't know it was a normal reaction.

I would talk with your pulmonologist about this and get better educated on your condition and the drugs. That should allay your fears and help get your asthma under control.
    Okay thanks, they did explain how it all worked and I understood I guess I did get scared and let my anxiety get to me. I just woke up and I'm feeling alot better a lip headache but

Old 04-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
    Juice12222
    (male)

Juice12222 HB User

Hey do you think zoloft will help my new anciety

Old 04-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

It works for a lot of people. Having never had anxiety to the extent that medication was needed, I don't personally know.

Closed Thread