It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

• Anybody used ProAir (Albuterol Inhaler) while on Beta Blocker HBP medicine.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
    NSSnacho
    (male)

NSSnacho HB User
    Anybody used ProAir (Albuterol Inhaler) while on Beta Blocker HBP medicine.

I was wondering if anybody is using Beta Blocker medicine for High Blood Pressure and also have used ProAir ( Albuterol Inhaler) at same time. I am interested if there are any drug interactions or any danger if using both. I was told that Asthma Inhaler should not be used if you have high blood Pressure. It may spikes your blood pressure to high range. ? Is that true?

The question is what to do if you have HBP and mild Asthma and need to use the inhaler. Appreciate any feedback or input. Any one used both. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
    Capttom48
    (male)

Capttom48 HB UserCapttom48 HB UserCapttom48 HB User
    Re: Anybody used ProAir (Albuterol Inhaler) while on Beta Blocker HBP medicine.

I was taken off of beta blockers because they exacerbated my coughing greatly.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:30 AM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Anybody used ProAir (Albuterol Inhaler) while on Beta Blocker HBP medicine.

I was on both with no problems. We changed my BP med for $ reasons when my insurance changed. I know many people with asthma and HBP. If you are using your albuterol so often that it's impacting your blood pressure, your asthma isn't under control and you need to see your pulmonologist ASAP. Also, with most people the side effects go away over time. I never have any problem with it any more but I'm closing in on 20 years with asthma. But I only use it before jogging anyway.

Closed Thread