It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

Not sure if asthma--- please help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
sammichelle
(female)

sammichelle HB User
Exclamation Not sure if asthma--- please help

I have a terrible pain in my sternum, difficulty breathing, tenderness of my ribs around my sternum (the ribs attached to it), pressure behind my sternum, headaches, fatigue, bone tenderness, and joint pain.

I know there are a lot of symptoms (sorry), but I need an answer!! :/

I don't have an appointment yet because I want to see what people think first; if it is necessary for me to see a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Not sure if asthma--- please help

I wouldn't think asthma as bone pain isn't usually associated with that. But yes, I'd see a doctor. Could be any number of things.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
sammichelle (07-18-2011)
Old 07-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
Yuuki
(female)

Yuuki HB User

I get symptoms just like those when I get Costochondritis.

It can be unbearably painful and exhausting

You should definitely see your doctor just to make sure though!

Last edited by Yuuki; 07-21-2011 at 07:15 AM.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
dizzy yankee
(female)

dizzy yankee HB User

[QUOTE=sammichelle;4801349]I have a terrible pain in my sternum, difficulty breathing, tenderness of my ribs around my sternum (the ribs attached to it), pressure behind my sternum, headaches, fatigue, bone tenderness, and joint pain.QUOTE]

Wow, I just happened by here by chance - I didn't expect to find this! I have recently been experiencing the painful sternum (minus the other symptoms you mention), and wondered as to the cause. I thought perhaps I had something stuck in my esophagus, but when it happened this evening, it had been several hours since I'd eaten anything. So, does anyone know why this happens, or what to do about it, or how to prevent it?

And, since this is an asthma board (where I have yet to read any other posts since I just got here), I shall share with you my favorite "first aid for asthma attacks": Tei Fu Oil and Lobelia Extract. I put a drop of Tei Fu Oil way back on the back of my tongue (and feel the warmth going all the way down into my lungs). Then I rub some lobelia on my spine, my throat, and sometimes my chest. It relaxes the nerves and opens my airways so that I can use my rescue inhaler more effectively. Some people also take the lobelia internally, but I can't tolerate the herb in that manner. Seriously, I have not had to go to the ER for an asthma attack in the past 15 years, ever since I learned about these two products.

Hmm, maybe it would be worthwhile rubbing some lobelia on my sternum when it becomes painful.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:40 AM   #5
Yuuki
(female)

Yuuki HB User

It's usually caused by a virus.
It can be caused by coughing a lot as well (causes damage/inflammation to the muscles around the ribs).

Old 07-25-2011, 04:31 AM   #6
vermonsters
(female)

vermonsters HB User

I was also going to ask if you've been coughing. I get really sore if I've been coughing a lot...mine is mostly in my back though.

Closed Thread