It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

chest thightning and short breathning

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
minimal
(male)

minimal HB User
Smile chest thightning and short breathning

i have been diagnosed with a mild asthma since 1994. I have never experienced any asthma attacks since then, but with age now am starting having some chest thighting and short(difficult) breathing have used different medications since 1994.
Medical names are in French:
1. PULMICORT AND BRYCANIL between 1994 AND 1999
2. BECOTID AND VENTOLINE BETWEEN 1999 AND 2001
3. BECLOJET AND VENTOLINE BETWEEN 2001 AND 2004
4. SERETID AND VENTOLINE BETWEEN 2004 AND 2005
5. MIFLASONE AND VENTOLINE BETWEEN 2005 AND 2010
6. SYMBICORT AND VENTOLINE STILL
when i have suffer of short breath and chest pain, my doctor usually prescribes some medicaments for 5 days usage. they range from CELLESTENE TO SOLIPRED OR EFFIPRED. I RARELY TAKE ANTIBIOTICS.
REMEBER THAT I HARDLY USE VENTOLINE BECAUSE I DO NOT FEEL THE NEED FOR IT. I CAN SAY I very rarely HAVE USED it SINCE 2001

my question are:
1. is my asthma serious so that i should take more care of to prevent severe situations?
2. to what extent is the above listed medications efficient and efficatious for
my asthma?
3. I have very rarely used Ventoline in the process of my asthma treatement just because i haven't feel the need for it, or it just wasn't too necessary. is that a good sign that my asthma is mild and not serious OR is it wrong to do without ventoline even in case i have short breathing and chest tightning?
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND SHARING AND KEEP ME INFORMED

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: chest thightning and short breathning

Well, the tightening and breathing issue are symptoms of an asthma attack. Your ventolin should be used. However, it would appear you either need to change your daily med or go to a different dosage or number of puffs a day. Since you didn't give that information it is hard to say. Avoiding your triggers would also be good at this time. Here in the states, our asthma doctors usually give us an "asthma action plan" that tells us what to do if we have a small issue to a larger one. Perhaps your doctor there could work one out for you.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:13 AM   #3
bliksi
(male)

bliksi HB User
Re: chest thightning and short breathning

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimal View Post
i have been diagnosed with a mild asthma since 1994. I have never experienced any asthma attacks since then, but with age now am starting having some chest thighting and short(difficult) breathing have used different medications since 1994.
Medical names are in French:
1. PULMICORT AND BRYCANIL between 1994 AND 1999
2. BECOTID AND VENTOLINE BETWEEN 1999 AND 2001
3. BECLOJET AND VENTOLINE BETWEEN 2001 AND 2004
4. SERETID AND VENTOLINE BETWEEN 2004 AND 2005
5. MIFLASONE AND VENTOLINE BETWEEN 2005 AND 2010
6. SYMBICORT AND VENTOLINE STILL
when i have suffer of short breath and chest pain, my doctor usually prescribes some medicaments for 5 days usage. they range from CELLESTENE TO SOLIPRED OR EFFIPRED. I RARELY TAKE ANTIBIOTICS.
REMEBER THAT I HARDLY USE VENTOLINE BECAUSE I DO NOT FEEL THE NEED FOR IT. I CAN SAY I very rarely HAVE USED it SINCE 2001

my question are:
1. is my asthma serious so that i should take more care of to prevent severe situations?
2. to what extent is the above listed medications efficient and efficatious for
my asthma?
3. I have very rarely used Ventoline in the process of my asthma treatement just because i haven't feel the need for it, or it just wasn't too necessary. is that a good sign that my asthma is mild and not serious OR is it wrong to do without ventoline even in case i have short breathing and chest tightning?
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND SHARING AND KEEP ME INFORMED
Hi there
I just want to know whether you are using any nutritional supplements?

Closed Thread