It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

option of participating in research project

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2011, 06:30 AM   #1
pljohns
(female)

pljohns HB User
option of participating in research project

My allergist/immunologist has ask me to consider participating in an upcoming research project that she is heading up, but after talking to the coordinator, I'm just not sure about it. It is research/clinical trial on a new delivery system that isn't a neb and isn't an inhaler. It is for flovent and that's about all I know about the new delivery system itself.

Here's the part I'm just not sure about-I would have to come off of my current inhaled steroid(which is the only one so far that has worked great) and go to one I've never used. I'm notorious for having allergic reactions or at the very least BAD reactions to new meds so I'm always very cautious about trying them. It is a 12 weeks trial and 2 of the visits require me to be there at 7AM and back at 7PM. Almost all of the rest of them involve pulmonary function tests weeksly and blood work.

My life is so crazy that I"m not sure I could handle the 2 7AM/7PM visits and I have a feeling that my boss wouldn't be too happy about me missing work to go for visits during that time. I have to be at work at 6:45 and once I get off at 4, it's non stop with the kids, dinner, homework etc. I guess in addition to the change in meds, I'm worried about the time. Any suggestions/input would be appreciated-especially about changing meds.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread