It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

new to the board... asthma help please

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #1
Chillijam
(female)

Chillijam HB User
new to the board... asthma help please

Hi everyone,

I am new to the thread and was wondering if any of you could help me in any way. I have read through some of the posts on here and found them extremely helpful.

I have had asthma from the age of 2 years old, I am now 27. It was pretty bad when I was little. I was constantly on nebulisers and various steroids. i generally dont get any trouble with it- until the cold weather approaches and then i tend to suffer more. I know my asthma is cold induced and also dust, smoke and cat hair can set off my allergies.
The past 2 months i have been so unwell. constant couging, runny nose I am very sleep deprived and my ribs and back hurt an incredible amount. I realise 2 months in the grand scale of things doesnt sound as awful as some of you on here and I am not trying to sound like a drama queen, but at the same time ive missed alot of work and feel like I am letting people down, its also effecting my quality of life. My shortness of breathe and constant tiredness have effected my social life and ability to work out. I have been to the doctors twice about this and have been given antibiotics and steroids each time, I am fine after a few days of taking them, once ive finished the dose within a couple of days i am ill again. It is so frustrating. i am on 2 inhalers at the moment. Salamol and clenil and i eat a varied diet. I am going to try some steam inhalation treatments and keep well out of the cold for as long as poss. Are there any other things I could be doing in the mean time. I would be so appreciative for a reply xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
solofelix
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: new to the board..... asthma help please

Hi,
I have been an Asthmatic for forty years.
I was on Ventolin and Becotide for years.When I moved to where I live now I was prescribed an Inhaler named SERETIDE 125, It is a combination of both Reliever and Steroid Inhalers so I only need the one now.
It has worked brilliantly for me and I use just one puff in the morning and in the evening. I rarely need the Ventolin now.
I don't know if it would work for you as every case is different but thought I would mention it.

Solofelix.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
Chillijam
(female)

Chillijam HB User
Re: new to the board... asthma help please

Thank you so much, it's so kind of you to reply I have an apt Friday morning with the dr so il mention it then xxx

Old 12-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
solofelix
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: new to the board... asthma help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillijam View Post
Thank you so much, it's so kind of you to reply I have an apt Friday morning with the dr so il mention it then xxx

All the best and let me know how
you get on!!...

Solofelix. PS. "Happy Christmas"

Closed Thread