It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board

Child exposing his privates at school

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2016, 01:48 PM   #1
ms424
(female)

ms424 HB User
Child exposing his privates at school

My 7 yr old stepson, who has aspergers has been displaying inappropriate behavior at school. He has pulled down his pants in class, cafeteria and in the bathroom exposing his privates to other kids. He seems to think this is funny because the other children in his class laugh every time he does. Recently this has been happening more and more often. Last week marking 5 incidents in a matter of a couple of weeks. He does not display this behavior at our home. Not sure if he does this at his mothers house. She's in total denial of his condition and does not help us much with discipline which makes things that much more difficult for us. We were also made aware that she allows him to watch age inappropriate shows such as the walking dead and ridiculousness. Which we don't allow him to watch at our house. I'm concerned as I don't know if someone may be exposing themselves to him or if he is seeing this on TV. Is this normal behavior? Can someone please give me advise on discipline measures when this happens? To add insult to aggravation he has also started to make violent threats to my daughter. One of them being stabbing her with a knife. What gives?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2016, 05:44 PM   #2
52ken
Senior Veteran
(male)

52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User52ken HB User
Re: Child exposing his privates at school

I'm with you. My grandson age 7 just last week pulled down his pants in front of his 12 year old sister and 62 year old grandma. The mother said quit it and that was it. No one seemed to care and I was the only one who thought it was strange. My wife said that is OK!?!? I know in my day it wasn't OK but I guess it is OK now a days. It wasn't my place to say anything. Personally I don't see anything wrong in talking to the boy and say it is not OK!!!! The common theme here is that they will grow out of it.

Reply Reply