It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board

Does my 4yr old grandson have autism

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #1
handsaretied
(female)

handsaretied HB User
Does my 4yr old grandson have autism

Please help, I think my daughter is in denial. My grandson will be 4 in November and still isn't potty trained. Cannot talk in a sentence, sounds like he is talking in a foreign language. He can say quite a few single words, and screams when he doesn't get his way (mostly when he doesn't get a toy that his brother has, lol). He's 95% a happy boy. Acts like he is deaf sometimes when you are talking to him. Cannot tell you his name, how old he is, cannot carry on a conversation at all. Repeats words a lot of the time. Very playful, gets along well with other kids, can play video games. When told to do something 7 out of 10 times he does it. I'm just really concerned because he could start pre k and theres no way he would know whats going on.

Please help a concerned grandmother (aka: meme)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #2
sweetpotato13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Does my 4yr old grandson have autism

Oh, grandma, I hear your concern and I affirm it! I do think something needs to be investigated. I am sorry that your daughter is in denial, that must be so hard for you to watch.
Although I hope that he will somehow be evaluated before then, I think you can rest assured that when he is signed up for pre k and the teachers meet him, if there is cause for concern they will see the red flags and talk to your daughter.
I understand that your hands are tied, and I am sorry.

Reply Reply