It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board

• Adult Autism & Regression

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-02-2001, 01:14 PM   #1
    sburkett

sburkett HB User
    Question Adult Autism & Regression

I am looking for information on autistic adults (21+) and regression. I work with a male, 21+,who is in his last year receiving special education services from local school district and we have noticed significant regression in his abilitities since first of November. He has lost interest in favorite topics and activities. He does a lot of muttering to self and it is extrememly difficult to get him to recognize people and carry on conversations. His parents mentioned that a doctor said he was experiencing adult regression. I can not find any information regarding this as an actual disorder. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated....

TY (Thank You) Sburkett

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2001, 10:57 PM   #2
    krisyd
    Inactive

krisyd HB User
    Smile

I would wonder what his diet is like. He may be eating foods that he needs to avoid, wheat, dairy, ect. Also he mat need to be evaluated for Candida causing the regressive symptoms. He may have allergies as most autistic people do, and enviromental factors also play a major role in symptoms. My son had a really rough week the past two weeks due to the continous rains. this caused an increase in the air born molds. Nystatin really helps my son with the candida, it lessens the behavioral problems. Also replacing the good bacteria after the yeast dies off is also important. We use Culturelle GG, for replacing the good bacteria. Unfortunately just introducing a new food item can be devastating to an autistic person, because there intestinal lining does not function well, causing many problems. i would find out what the diet is like, if he is receiving any supplemental vitamins, which are vital, and the big question is do his parents know that there are ways to minimize symptoms, and potentially cure them. I wish you the best.

Closed Thread