It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board

• Pale face, pale skin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2002, 07:47 PM   #1
    redsun

redsun HB User
    Unhappy Pale face, pale skin

Hi,

I am new here and I am wondering if anyone knows why our Aut kids have pale skin/pale faces. I would love for my child to have a "normal" skin tone (lost it at about 16 mos). He's been tested for anemia/ferritin/B-12/folate and the bloodwork came back OK.

I started giving him 750-1000mg Vitamin C per day and I have (within days) started to see some pigment in his hair color. (He lost his bright shiny hair about the same time as his face went pale, and for 2 years it has been a horrible shade of gray-brown.)

But still, I am hoping for the day that I can go to the grocery store or swimming pool or wherever and not have people tell me he looks "sickly". He is still so very, very pale. He is 3 1/2.

Thanks!

Redsun

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2002, 11:00 AM   #2
    memehegan
    Inactive

memehegan HB User
    redsun! as I read your post I had a horrible thought- before my son began the glueten free and caisen free diet several years ago he was bone skinny and very pale- immediately following the begining of the diet he grew so fast- it was amazing people hardly recogized him. I figured out that because his gut didnt have the enzymes to break down the milk and wheat protiens to process them and that was all he craved and ate was milk and wheat that he was litterally malnurished before he went on the diet. Does your child also have excema or skin rashes or red ears? When I began the diet I just promised myself I would try it for a weekend. I planned all rice or potato meals and switched my son to rice milk and rice crispies. We eliminated sugar and corn syrup and sodium nitrates and hydrogenated oils. I also didnt use meat with additives in it. The change I saw in my son was amazing. There is more information about this on the risperdal thread under autism. good luck -meme

Closed Thread