It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board

• The reasons for Autism are so obvious!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2006, 03:44 PM   #31
    anthonysmom
    (female)

anthonysmom HB User
    Re: The reasons for Autism are so obvious!

I don't really want to get into this debate, I've read so many things, however, I do trust my doctors, what I've read, and my gut. I do want to say, if these are the cause, why don't all 4 of my kids have it. I know that something like 1 in 600 people (I hope I'm not misquoting) have some degree of autism, wouldn't you suspect it would be like 1 in 2, if immunizations were the cause? Maybe if someone is predisposed to autism, immunizations trigger something, I don't know. We have to do what we feel is right for our children, don't we?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2006, 11:30 PM   #32
    heatherjudd
    (female)

heatherjudd HB User

Autism used to be about (1 in 1000 people), recently it is about (1 in 100), which is an EPIDEMIC by definition.
    There seems to be a brain-gut connection ( since most ASD kids have very loose bowels and will only eat certain things, not to mention (have food allergies, ear infections thus they have decreased immune systems (they get sick a lot more often than the general population)

So why would it be so hard to imagine that these kids that already have a significantly harmed immune system go into (immune system shock) when they are given these immunizations (normal people's immune systems have a hard enough time to get rid of mercury and their is no study on if severely immuno- compromised children can get rid of it (maybe they still haven't been able to get rid of it!!!)
    MMR's aren't given in JAPAN.

Old 01-12-2006, 04:33 AM   #33
    OrbieKL5
    Inactive
    (female)

OrbieKL5 HB User

I do not think that it is correct to say that the reasons for autism are "so obvious." That's a big leap there, and as many parents here have explained, they feel their children's autism was "there from the start" before the immunizations have even happened.

In my opinion, I feel that autism is genetic and that it is a specific combination of genes (not just one) that causes the autism. I used to work with a set of triplets (fraternal), and two out of the 3 were autistic- the other was typically developing. All three of them received their shots on the same day from the same doctor.

I also believe that since autism tends to creep up first as social delays, most parents tend to notice the effects of autism (delayed talking, not playing correctly) at approximately the same time that a child would be getting their shots.

And Heatherjudd, the current research shows that there is no significant connection between children on the autism spectrum and gastro disorders. Dr. Timothy Buie (a well-known GI doctor who specializes with kids on the spectrum in Boston) is currently running a longitudinal study to see if the current research of no connection still is true, but the data on that will not be out until 2007.

I do understand that it is easy for all of us to speculate on the causes of autism, and it is very easy to start pointing the finger at things that caused it. We should all keep in mind that doctors and scientist are working hard to try to find the cause, but until then, we just need to do the best for the diagnosed kids, and hope that someday, future parents will not have to worry about autism.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:12 AM   #34
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

i can easily see how some people can think the reasons are "so obvious" as their children fit a certain description, such as being a male, having food allergies, gut problems, changes after immunizations, weak immune system, etc. but then you've got a kid like mine. a girl, no allergies, no gut problems, showed autistic characteristics from birth, rarely ever gets sick. she seems to go against all of these things. and yet, she was diagnosed with autism at the age of 20 months, but the doctors saw all the signs before she was even 16 months. she wasnt even a year and a half old, and they said "yep, she's definitely autistic." so i really think there's something else to all of this, and like the person above me said, the reasons really are not "so obvious."

Old 01-24-2006, 06:54 AM   #35
    michelle95
    (female)

michelle95 HB User

I think we are forgetting something here. Why don't all people who smoke get lung cancer and why do some people that don't smoke get it? Genetic predisposition. I think autism is genetic requiring an environmental trigger. In some cases it might be vaccines (which I strongly suspect with my son) and in others it could be something else. Maybe a lot of moms that have children with autism from birth have a lot of dental almagrams? I don't know. But, you cannot just discount the autism/vaccine debate simply because all children don't have it. Everyone cannot fit in a little square box...we are all different. Why has the autism rate jumped from 1 in 10000 in the late 80's to now a rate of 1 in 166. That's pretty scary. And, what is more scary is our future. Whatever is causing autism...we need to find out.

My own son was pretty normal until september 2001 (at almost 21 months). I didn't know what happened but he started to head bang, severely tantrum, do "quirky things", forgot words he knew previously...the list goes on. For a whole year, I wondered what had happened to him, until I heard of the vaccine/autism debate. I immediately left that DAN conference and went to our pediatric clinic (this was about oct 2002)...sure enough, he had his 18 month old shots (late) in sept 2001.

I've recently researched his shot record...and even though the FDA strongly suggested that drug companies make only thimerasol free vaccines in 2000....all of my son's shots that could contain thimerasol did. Vaccines have shelf lives of years...and do you honestly think the drug companies are going to recall those containing thimerasol? Nope.

Autism is not a "one size fits all" disorder. So, please don't totally discount the "vaccine theory" just because your child may not have acquired it that way. More importantly, we need to be united in finding the cause.

Last edited by michelle95; 01-24-2006 at 06:55 AM.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:49 AM   #36
    I Love LJC
    (female)

I Love LJC HB User

Hi Michelle 95 may i ask what vaccines your son recieved on that day.Thanks

Old 01-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #37
    michelle95
    (female)

michelle95 HB User

DTP and IPV.

My son was also one of those that received the first Hep B shortly after birth.

I've thought about this a lot over the past four years. And, even if shots do not contain thimerasol, is it wise to inject our kids with up to 4 different shots (maybe 8 different strains of inactivated viruses and/or bacteria) in one day? I wonder if the immune system can properly build up immunity when it is being pulled in so many different directions.

One thing is certain, I no longer allow my children to have more than one injection in a day (and wait about a month for the next one)...and definitely NO thimerasol.

Last edited by michelle95; 01-24-2006 at 03:44 PM.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:37 PM   #38
    GatsbyLuvr1920
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

I personally don't believe in the whole innoculations theory after thoroughly studying the brain differences in autism. There are significant neurobiological abnormalities that have to be started in utero, and there has been autism for centuries, long before vaccines were created. I do think that children who are already primed for autism may be thrust into full-blown autism from the vaccines, but it's highly unlikely that a child with perfectly normal brain circuitry could suddenly develop autism from one shot. I, a sufferer of severe Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, have my autism/innoculation beliefs somewhat in line with OCD/PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neurological Diseases Associated with Streptocci): the brain circuitry is already abnormal, but the strep (or in autism's case, the vaccine) brings on the acute symptoms. I know that I had strep countless times as a child, most particularly when I was five, but I've demonstrated OCD symptoms since age three. Good luck and God bless!
    -GatsbyLuvr1920-

Last edited by GatsbyLuvr1920; 01-24-2006 at 05:38 PM.

Old 01-27-2006, 09:51 AM   #39
    I Love LJC
    (female)

I Love LJC HB User

Ladies thankyou very much for your posts im looking into this, very interesting .Thanks

Last edited by I Love LJC; 01-27-2006 at 10:21 AM.

Old 02-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #40
    Beautifulchild
    (female)

Beautifulchild HB User

It is hard for me to say whether the immunisations caused the autism or not. However, my autistic son was the only one of my children who received the first Hep B needle the day after he was born. My other children did not get the Hep B needles(because they are older and it wasn't in our immunisation schedule at that time).
    So I can say that he was showing autistic tendencies from birth but he got his first immunisation at birth! He was in the last group to get the Hep B with mercury added.

However, with this all said I try not to think about what caused it most of the time because we can't turn back the clock and autism IS our reality. We have to deal with it every day and I would rather concentrate on how to best help my son get through this than to feel guilt over an immunisation that I cannot take back.

Old 02-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #41
    Kolby
    (female)

Kolby HB User

O.K. I had to get a child health form for my son's daycare. I am shocked at the amount of shots he received in his first year of life. If it turns out to be the cause of his autism, I can see why. Take a look.

He was born 12/01

Hep B 12/01 (he was not even two days old).
    DTAP/DTP/Td 2/02
    Polio 2/02
    HIB 2/02
    PNEUMOCCOCCAL 2/02
    Hep B 2nd shot 2/02
    DTap/DTP/Td 2nd 5/02
    Polio 2nd shot 5/02
    HIB 2nd shot 5/02
    PNEUMOCCOCCAL 2nd 5/02
    HIB 3rd 7/02
    DTaP/DTP/Td 3rd 7/02
    Pneumoccoccal 3rd 7/02
    Hep B 3rd 10/02
    Varicella 1/03
    MMR 4/03
    HIB 4th 4/03
    PNEUMOCOCCAL 4th 4/03
    Polio 3rd 8/03
    DTaP/DTP/Td 4th 8/03
    MMR 3/04

Now I don't know what all these mean or what they stand for. But my God, he got 14 shots before he even turned one year.
    Michelle

Old 02-02-2006, 01:11 PM   #42
    I Love LJC
    (female)

I Love LJC HB User

Im posting on this again.My daughter 10 in the spectrum here is her thimerosal count1 month Hep B.2 months Hep B,DTP,HIB,5 months,HepB,DTP,HIB,7 months DTP,HIB, 12 months Hep B with her MMR,15 months DTP,HIB then DTap at 4 yrs probably had small trace.The Polio and MMR never had thimerosal just these ones listed.Not listed is the flu my kids never had it but it has thimerosal.My son who is 19 and not in the spectrum heres his thimerosal count DTP at 2,5,7,2 yrs old,5 yrs old and one HIB givn at 3 yrs alone .His firstMMR was givn alone.I dont know ifs it the thimerosal with her though, she also had her DTPs so close together my sons were spaced ive read some people have problems with the pertussis or tetanus she never got a reaction like fever,shock etc though that the pertussis could cause.You might want to read the info by the CDC ,Combination Vaccines for Childhood Immunization it has a topic about the tetnus toxid hypersensity reaction when vaccine givn earlier than called for also the polysaccharide vaccine.Theres also some spectulation over the HepB vaccine causing problems ive read about Children with adverse effects from Hepatitis B vaccine.Also Hep B vaccine side effects. Ive also read its one of the safest so i dont know.Also one of her Hepb was givin with first MMR .Im not anti vaccine but for her that was to many at one time.Would she of gotten all the vaccines if i started from scratch yep but spaced out. She also had a milk allergy when born and digestive trouble throw up reflux so her system was not up to par to begin with she drank soy which i dont think was a good choice for her either from what ive read on it.I also got a tetanus vaccine when PG with her and she gets dosed again with tetanus?.Also my son was born natural her c section due to heart rate cord drop they said she was fine apgar excellent no nicu just said she had a milk allergy reflux she was jaundice but her Neuro said the above at birth has nothing to due with problems later on down the road she would have had major problems at the Start with Development which would of been red flags and her ped at also at the hospital they would of seen it then not later.No problems at well checks with her Ped.I told her Ped shes real fussy and doesnt sleep much she said its normal she sure throws up alot reflux she will grow out of it and so on and so on.Took her in at age 19 for chicken pox vaccine then red flag with the Doc due to not talking much bring her in when shes 2 i did then the Doc told me i think she might have a autism spectrum disorder due to not talking and her behaviour fits etc at vist as you can see she sure had alot of vaccines in her first year of life shes come out of alot of it at age 10 but she still has some residual it waxes and wanes at times.Have to watch the different sugars and carbs i believe the beta cells in her pancreas are sensitive to her insulin.Shes also had a Brain MRI and Spine MRI and EEG all normal her Neuro said i cant find anything wrong in this area to be behind her problems. He told me to seek another health professional who told me its most likely the vaccines with her case.Her total thimerosal count by age 1 was 262.50. My sons thimerosal by age 1 was 75.Total score of thimerosal for my girl to age 4 262.50.My Sons total score of thimerosal to age 5 150.I see Koby above sons record yep alot in the first yr just like my girl anyone else please post on this.Thankyou Very Much

Last edited by I Love LJC; 02-03-2006 at 12:46 PM.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #43
    michelle95
    (female)

michelle95 HB User

My son received the max amount of thimerasol as well...I even went so far as to check the lot numbers to find out.

Quote:
    However, with this all said I try not to think about what caused it most of the time because we can't turn back the clock and autism IS our reality.
    Here's the deal beautiful child, it DOES matter if it happened to be the thimerasol. There are options to detox or chelate the mercury that was in that preservative out of the child....and there have been those children that have chelated and are now at or near "normalcy". Even some are "less autistic". This is why I think it is important to KNOW for SURE is autism is being triggered by mercury. Research is SO important, and I for one would like to know what happened to my child.

For the record, he is not autistic, per se....but more probably bipolar. However, there is NO DOUBT in anyone's mind (who's been near him since birth) that something happened to him in Sept 2001. And, that something was shots.

Old 02-28-2006, 06:36 AM   #44
    thelovelyamber
    (female)

thelovelyamber HB User

this theory is given a lot of scientific evidence in the book "Unraveling the Mystery of Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorder". I suggest you read that. Not only does it give you scientific evidence that your theory is correct, it also gives you a plan to do something about it. IF your child's Autism was caused by the MMR, there is a chance of reversing some of the damage done. Here is her theory in short:

the MMR causes measles, mumps, or rhubella (depending on the child and his/her genetic make-up) to attack the lining of the stomach and digestive track. this hurts the permeability of the stomach... so that things can get through that normally wouldn't. This introduces casein and glutin into the bloodstream when eaten. those then enter the brain and cause the child to view the world differntly. they do the same as opium would. The child would then have trouble finding his way around the house because he can't see like he would have before. He would walk in a drunken way. He would be sensitive to sound- all his senses would be hightened, including touch, so he wouldn't want to be touched. Sound would be so fascinating that he could sit and listen to birds, or bugs, or the creaking and groaning of the house, for hours. Basically, he'd seem high. Casien is found in dairy. All dairy, not just milk. Glutin is found in just about everything... including the coating of some french fries to make them crispier! The book tells you how to try a glutin- and casein free diet, it has many meal suggestions and recipies for glutin- free cake and cookies and such. I'm on a dairy- free diet myself for other reasons, and it's not that hard, really. Many parents say that they don't want to take away the things that give their child so much pleasure when their child seems to take pleasure in so little as it is. But they arn't taking real pleasure from that ice cream, not like you do. They crave it, like a druggie does. If this is their problem, anyway. According to the book, most people find improvement by taking away dairy. If you find improvement there, you'll likely find more by taking away glutin. You could at least give it a shot and let us know how well it works. If nothing else, try it so that you can come back here and prove me wrong and tell me how I have no buisness meddling in your affairs, becuase I'm not a doctor. I'm not even a parent. I just deal with special needs kids a lot.

This diet works best if it's implimented right away. The longer you wait, the less likely it is to work. And if it was not caused by the MMR, then the the diet might not work as well... but the book says it'll work some.

good luck to you. I hope I was of a bit of help, and not an annoyance.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #45
    pattero
    (male)

pattero HB User

I believe the concern with the MMR vaccine was twofold:
    First the thought was vaccinating for all three diseases at once was too much for children. The thinking literally was that it burnt out a part of the brain. Then the concern became the additive Thermasil which I believe is a preservative. I understand Thermasil was taken out of the MMR vaccine around 1998 but I do not know what the shelf life is of the MMR Vaccine. It's possible that the vaccine with Thermasil was around for many years. I don't believe it was ever recalled. In many parts of the world you can no longer get an MMR vaccine. It is seperated into individual vaccines which are believed to be less harmful to tiny brains and as I said before Thermasil is no longer used. Why would drug companies do this if they didn't believe there really was a problem?
    I have never seen regional studies of autism. Have autism rates gone down in regions where the MMR vaccine was seperated and/or Thermasil has been removed. I understand that The U.K. was the first country to stop using the MMR vaccine. Have autism rates differed there versus the U.S.. In areas that never had MMR vaccines or Thermasil is the autism rate different? Have autism rates been tracked by vaccine manufacturer or batch?
    I too believe that my son's autism was caused by a vaccine. I would love to be convinced otherwise but haven't seen the studies to prove it. As parents we look for a cause that can be righted and maybe there just isn't one here. It might be helpful to know that there really is nothing we can do but until then I'm going to continue to try to find out what happenned. Maybe there is a Lawyer who would take on the drug companies to at least compel them to show us why they took Thermasil out of vaccines and seperated the MMR vaccine.

I could be completely wrong. There is so much bad information out there. There have been studies saying that vaccines have no realtionship to Autism but the stuff I've seen hasn't been that convincing.

Closed Thread