It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board

• Reactions when starting gfcf diet?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-09-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
    jennifha
    (female)

jennifha HB User
    Reactions when starting gfcf diet?

I started the diet 9 days ago. He initially had a very good response (increase in language, better eye contact, less stimming). After 7 days, he got a high fever and was very grumpy. I'm not sure if it's a reaction or just a virus. He also got constipated, which I wonder if is due to a calcium supplement I was giving him. Since the fever, he has been very grumpy, though the fever has been gone for a day and a half. Also, eye contact, etc. are poor again.

I'm just curious what other's reactions were when starting the diet. Is it typical to go through a rough period before it gets better or does this mean that this diet isn't for him? I had read some things that said that a fever 3 to 7 days after starting the diet is possible due to withdrawl reaction.

What do others do to supplement calcium?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread