It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board

• 5 month old -autism signs? How to prevent?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
    Elle1978
    (female)

Elle1978 HB User
    5 month old -autism signs? How to prevent?

Hi, I'm really worried about my five month old daughter. She is not very social. She doesnt make great eye contact, most often avoids it. You have to work hard to get her to smile or laugh. She very rarely turns to look at us when we speak but is very interested in her surroundings. She never looks for me when she wakes up or if she is distressed, I have to try and get her attention. She does coo a bit, but doesnt direct it at us. It doesnt feel like communication. Also, she is quite happy by her own. Never seems to need us if she isnt bored or hungry. She is ok with cuddling even through she doesnt show affection back, but maby its too early. She is hitting all other developmental milestones really early and is extremy active. Should I be concerned? If this is early signs if autism, what can I do to improve her social skills? Its really heartbreaking trying to connect with her but her PED says we shouldnt worry at all... Easier said than done..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    autism, infant, prevention