It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board

• Autism Signs?!?!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
    WorriedNanny
    (female)

WorriedNanny HB User
    Autism Signs?!?!

I am the nanny of a 12.5 month old. He is a bit different than other children I have cared for. While I know that all children develop and progress at different rates, I am somewhat concerned for this little one. Areas of concern include: rocking back and forth, spins on bottom, and shakes head (not continuous, but throughout the day), just started pulling up (does not cruise or stand with or without help), does not hold bottle/sippy/etc., slow fine motor movements (extremely slow movements when eating, etc), does not reach to be picked up, stares at me, does not smile when smiled at, tickled, etc., does not follow my finger when I point, does not seem to understand commands like "come here", and does not like to cuddle. The child does not babble regularly and does not imitate actions or sounds (just looks at me). The child also has a hard time sitting up straight.

The child does smile when he sees parents, and occasionally waves "bye bye". The child answers to his name most of the time, randomly smiles, and enjoys toys (he wants what others have). He sometimes plays with other children (taking toys, touching them, but does not engage in back and forth activities).

If anyone has any insight, please let me know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    autism