It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board

• Possible 9 mo daughter w autism

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-27-2014, 06:57 AM   #1
    Nikkib6293
    (female)

Nikkib6293 HB User
    Possible 9 mo daughter w autism

My daughter has been doing this weird thing w her fingers and hands. It's almost repetitive but everyone tells me she's fine and she's just learning that she can move her hands and fingers and is amused by it. My gut is telling me that it's possibly autism and I'm very worried. I showed the video to her pediatrician at her 9 mo check up and she said it may be an issue if Erica is still doing it at 12 months. She is very smiley and will look at me when I call her name if she feels like it. She usually makes eye contact unless she's tired or is to busy playing. She's met all of her milestones so far but the doc asked if she was waving or clapping yet and she is not( I wasn't working on that with her). She says dada a lot and babbles and screams and makes all kinda of baby noises. She doesn't play with one toy for an extends period of time but she is obsessed with the strings on my hoody.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-30-2014 at 07:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
    sashababe
    (female)

sashababe HB Usersashababe HB Usersashababe HB Usersashababe HB Usersashababe HB Usersashababe HB User
    Re: Possible 9 mo daughter w autism

All you can do is wait and see. It's probably just a phase she's going through. I work with children with autism so I'm familiar with symptoms therefore I obsess about autistic traits in my own daughter. So far she's grown out of them all. I think if we analyse we'll find most of us have some autistic tendencies!

Reply Reply