It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autism Spectrum Message Board

• 18 month old Baby diagnosed with Autism

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #1
    karlee1010
    (female)

karlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB Userkarlee1010 HB User
    18 month old Baby diagnosed with Autism

Hi. My best friend's baby was just diagnosed with Autism 2 days ago. It makes sense now that I think about it. Usually babies like me, 'cuz I'll go to any lengths to make them smile. Greyson never has though. I mean, I'm not his mama or daddy or even his gramma, but still, I'm around him alot. Still tho, all babies are different, just like all people are. A couple times, he's taken a step or two, but just never has taken to walking by himself yet, at 18 months. I came here right now because I don't know much about Autism. I mean, I looked up the definition, and symptoms and all. I'm not going to be diagnosing him though. I'd like to know from anyone that can help me, something I can do to really help his mama and daddy. You see, she already just had another baby. A baby girl, just 6 weeks ago. I was wondering, can it run in families? They also have a daughter that's 6. She is very social. Almost too social She even goes up to strangers, and is very friendly with them. Mostly, I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on how I can get Greyson to come to me more. I won't ever force him. I'll only want him if he can feel safe and secure and good about it. I want to be able to help my friends, but I just really don't know how too. Thank you for any suggestions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply