It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• Elevated ESR/CRP/Serum 12

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-25-2016, 11:55 AM   #1
    achillez16
    (male)

achillez16 HB User
    Elevated ESR/CRP/Serum 12

Hi All,

My Mom of 56 who has thyroid and high blood pressure has been suffering from myalgia for past 6 months and also issues with shoulder / wrist / neck pain which some dr hav diagnosed as spondylosis .. she also has fatigue / lack of appetite / malaise which has gone worse in past month. and recently has got severe throat irritation and has been coughing a lot .

She got her test results today which shows ESR of 90 and also elevated CRP levels. Also very unusually high serum b12 of 1000 vs normal levels of 800.. The WBC count is slightly elevated also . T4 is above normal too .

Searching online her symptoms fit polymyalgia rheumatica but the elevated b12 is something very odd. .

She has got an appointment with the dr next week .but wanted to get an opinion from everyone here. . Thanks in advance.

Last edited by achillez16; 01-25-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2016, 04:50 AM   #2
    VeeJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
    Re: Elevated ESR/CRP/ Serum 12

Hi & welcome. I wouldn't even want to guess what your mom's labs and symptoms mean (I'm just a patient). When she sees her doctor this week, I hope she's checked for everything, including all the usual tests recommended for women in her age bracket. (Don't read that wrong, it's my age bracket as well.) Has she seen a rheumatologist for the myalgia-like symptoms?

With ESR that elevated, I imagine the doctor will look into multiple causes, including infection.

If her pain is emanating from her spine, I hope she minimally has X-ray, also CAT or MRI, if she hasn't had either already. At my age, I just learned that breast cancer can metastasize into the spine, so that's a biggie you want ruled out. Wishing her & you good luck: I hope all the "biggies" are ruled out! Sending best wishes.

Reply Reply