It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

Mctd?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
SRcanada
(female)

SRcanada HB User
Mctd?

I'm just wondering if someone else there could share their knowledge with me? I have had thyroid issues since my early 20's (Hashimoto's) followed by a thyroid tumour about 4 years ago. I have chronic and divikitating pain and weakness in my leg muscles and upper arms. I can't do simple things I used to enjoy because I get tired so easily. I'm exhausted all the time, never feel refreshed from a night of sleep. My hands, fingers and elbow joint are so sore and achy. I have pretty bad TMJ, crazy headaches, blurry/double vision, and a condition called CSR in my right eye (had my eyes tested and it's not a vision issue). Basically, at 43, I'm falling apart. I finally got in to see a rheumatologist and my C reactive protein, ENA and RNP were all flagged high. None of the other antibody tests came back positive. He RNP was only slightly elevated (1.9) so I'm not sure if it's significant? I can't get back in to see her for another few months and I have no answers. I'm wondering if anyone else has had any of these experiences? Does a slightly elevated RNP mean anything or does it have to be much higher? I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes because I look normal and feel like I should be able to do all the things I would normally do. But I can't. I missed a lot of work this past year because things hurt so much and I was so exhausted I couldn't function, but without a diagnosis, no one (including my employer) thinks there anything wrong with me. I feel really fed up and just want to k ow what's going on in my body so I can start to address it and feel better.
Many thanks!!!
SR

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2017, 04:31 AM   #2
VicLF
(female)

VicLF HB User
Re: Mctd?

Welcome! Autoimmune disease can be so elusive and difficult to diagnose/live with. Did you see a rheumatologist because you had a positive ANA? It's not uncommon for someone to have more than one type of AI condition, so it will be interesting to see what your doctor has to say when you see him/her again. Can you call their office to go over blood work? It's so frustrating when you have to wait so long to go over information. Good luck to you!!

Reply Reply