It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

How long does it take Plaquenil to work?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
Outsider61
(male)

Outsider61 HB User
How long does it take Plaquenil to work?

Hi,

I was recently diagnosed with Sjogren's primary w/Lupus overlap a few weeks ago. The rheumatologist decided to start me on Plaquenil for 6 weeks, before reevaluating and possibly starting me on low dose prednisone for a bit.

My most troublesome symptoms are muscle and joint pain, tired and sluggish, intermittent chills, ice cold fingertips, short term memory loss and brain fog.

I'm 3 weeks in and still feel crummy. I know it takes awhile to start working, but on average about how long until I start feeling better?

Thanks in advance,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2017, 06:48 PM   #2
wishiwerewell
(female)

wishiwerewell HB User
Re: How long does it take Plaquenil to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider61 View Post
Hi,

I was recently diagnosed with Sjogren's primary w/Lupus overlap a few weeks ago. The rheumatologist decided to start me on Plaquenil for 6 weeks, before reevaluating and possibly starting me on low dose prednisone for a bit.

My most troublesome symptoms are muscle and joint pain, tired and sluggish, intermittent chills, ice cold fingertips, short term memory loss and brain fog.

I'm 3 weeks in and still feel crummy. I know it takes awhile to start working, but on average about how long until I start feeling better?

Thanks in advance,
Hi there, Outsider:

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I have had the same issues without the diagnosis. My rheumy put me on plaquenil, and it took about 2 months to feel changes. I used to get sick, monthly, with flu-like symptoms (chills, fever, aches/pains), horrible brain fog. The plaquenil worked wonders for me. Hang in there! It will come through for you, I'm sure of it. In the meantime, take good care of yourself. Rest. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Reply Reply