It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

Help!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2017, 05:44 PM   #1
Alessandra77
(female)

Alessandra77 HB User
Help!

I don't know what to do and where to go from here and I just wanted some guidance. I'm in my early 20s and I recently saw a rhmeautologist because I had a positive ANA come back which I wasn't surprised about because I've had a lot of problems with my immune system. I have Raynauds Disease to start with. It's easy for me to get sick and when I'm sick it's hard for me to get over it. I am always tired and have migraines constantly. I'm very sensitive to light and not just the sun but indoor lights as well. I develop weird rashes on my hands and feet ( look like bug bites but they're not that are itchy). My legs are in constant pain but are even worse when I'm sick, hungover, getting out of the shower, cold or driving. It's almost like a tingling numbing feeling. I can't drink anymore and I can't drink caffeine because my body can't handle it. I'll develop rashes but not the butterfly rash. If I don't get at least 10 hours of sleep I'll get sick. I'm just naming everything not sure if this makes sense or not but I'm currently in the care of a rhmeautologist who can't give me a straight up answer to what's going on and if I have autoimmune or not. She said that there's people that defiantly have it and there's people that defiantly don't and I fall into the middle where I might have it but I have to wait until I develop more symptoms. I'm just losing my mind over this. She also said that usually a positive ANA means you have autoimmune? I also have a first cousin who have lupus if that matters. Just some support or suggestions or anything would be extremely helpful. I just don't know what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2017, 07:28 PM   #2
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandra77 View Post
I don't know what to do and where to go from here and I just wanted some guidance. I'm in my early 20s and I recently saw a rhmeautologist because I had a positive ANA come back which I wasn't surprised about because I've had a lot of problems with my immune system. I have Raynauds Disease to start with. It's easy for me to get sick and when I'm sick it's hard for me to get over it. I am always tired and have migraines constantly. I'm very sensitive to light and not just the sun but indoor lights as well. I develop weird rashes on my hands and feet ( look like bug bites but they're not that are itchy). My legs are in constant pain but are even worse when I'm sick, hungover, getting out of the shower, cold or driving. It's almost like a tingling numbing feeling. I can't drink anymore and I can't drink caffeine because my body can't handle it. I'll develop rashes but not the butterfly rash. If I don't get at least 10 hours of sleep I'll get sick. I'm just naming everything not sure if this makes sense or not but I'm currently in the care of a rhmeautologist who can't give me a straight up answer to what's going on and if I have autoimmune or not. She said that there's people that defiantly have it and there's people that defiantly don't and I fall into the middle where I might have it but I have to wait until I develop more symptoms. I'm just losing my mind over this. She also said that usually a positive ANA means you have autoimmune? I also have a first cousin who have lupus if that matters. Just some support or suggestions or anything would be extremely helpful. I just don't know what to do.
You do have several symptoms suggestive of autoimmune disease. I wonder what your other blood tests look like, as well as urine tests. Do you have any results of anti dsDNA, anti Smith, anti phospholipids, sed rate, crp? Do you know the titer of your ANA, like a ratio of 1:320 for example? A skin biopsy of rash can be diagnostic if combined with a lupus band test. The second part is essential to do to be helpful. The light sensitivity is pretty specific to lupus. If your rheum has not tested these other things, i would ask for them. You might also consider a second opinion from a different rheum. Good luck, and please let us know how you are doing. It's worth pursuing these symptoms, as autoimmune diseases affect young women more than anyone else, and your symptoms do sound suspicious.

Reply Reply