It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

Anca pos but nothing else

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2017, 02:04 AM   #1
Jinja
(female)

Jinja HB User
Anca pos but nothing else

Hi all
I have had blood work done and only thing that came back pos was anca -atypical.
Ana, sed rate, reum factor, crp, vit D, sexual health tests, etc all fine. Mri done looking for MS was ok (reported by radiologist, not neuro) but repeated this week ( waiting for results) strong family history of auto immune incl sjogrens, ms, diabetes, fibro, also alot of thyroid issues.
Symtoms are .
numbness and altered sensations face, head, hands buttock leg.
Widespread pain in joints and muscles. Tmj pain. Daily headaches. Fatigue. Vertigo. Strange eye sensations (like sensing something in visual field but can't see it) so much more besides.
These symptoms are driving me crazy but not getting any answers is worse still. Should i still persue further investigation re the anca result even though the other bloods were normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2017, 08:50 AM   #2
ladybud
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Anca pos but nothing else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinja View Post
Hi all
I have had blood work done and only thing that came back pos was anca -atypical.
Ana, sed rate, reum factor, crp, vit D, sexual health tests, etc all fine. Mri done looking for MS was ok (reported by radiologist, not neuro) but repeated this week ( waiting for results) strong family history of auto immune incl sjogrens, ms, diabetes, fibro, also alot of thyroid issues.
Symtoms are .
numbness and altered sensations face, head, hands buttock leg.
Widespread pain in joints and muscles. Tmj pain. Daily headaches. Fatigue. Vertigo. Strange eye sensations (like sensing something in visual field but can't see it) so much more besides.
These symptoms are driving me crazy but not getting any answers is worse still. Should i still persue further investigation re the anca result even though the other bloods were normal?
Yes, I would pursue this test result in addition to your symptoms. The anca test is for vasculitis, which can cause many problems and you need to be on top of it
A good rheumatology Dr, perhaps at your local university clinic, would be good. Your symptoms are consistent with autoimmune disease and it can take time and many tests to determine the specific diagnosis. This should not be ignored. Good luck with the diagnostic process.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:05 PM   #3
Jinja
(female)

Jinja HB User
Re: Anca pos but nothing else

Thankyou. I was starting to wonder if i was just being paranoid with all these issues going on but if there is reason to be worried about things worsening then it's worth pursuing. Thanks again. 😊

Reply Reply