It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• Beginning stages of morphea - help, i am worried

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
    luckychrissy
    (female)

luckychrissy HB User
    Beginning stages of morphea - help, i am worried

Hello everyone. I have a diagnosis of MCTD for about 7 years now. Recently, however i have had increased skin involvement with rashes on my legs, feet and arms. For years I have had red rash on my chest which has been creeping up my neck. (they look like little capillaries) My Primary Dr. did a biopsy and the results state beginning stage of morphea. Of course I am all over the internet and thinking I may have scleroderma. At the time of the biopsy they also performed bilateral hand/wrist xrays, that state moderate osteoarthritis in wrists and hands. (I do have arthritic looking finger joints that have swollen nodes) I am worrying a lot. I was hoping to hear from someone that may have some words of wisdom. I am 46 years old and feeling much older.
    Thanks,
    God Bless
    Christine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2017, 10:34 AM   #2
    luca689
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
    Re: Beginning stages of morphea - help, i am worried

Morphea is one of the forms of scleroderma that is NOT systemic, and will not turn systemic. That being said, rather than Morphea, is this a symptom that your rheumatologist feels is associated with your MCTD? True morphea patches tend to burn themselves out but certainly can recur, but there are treatments available to help manage the condition.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:30 PM   #3
    luckychrissy
    (female)

luckychrissy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by luca689 View Post
    Morphea is one of the forms of scleroderma that is NOT systemic, and will not turn systemic. That being said, rather than Morphea, is this a symptom that your rheumatologist feels is associated with your MCTD? True morphea patches tend to burn themselves out but certainly can recur, but there are treatments available to help manage the condition.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
    luckychrissy
    (female)

luckychrissy HB User

Hello there! Thanks for your input. The rash on my chest is actually Telangiectasias.
    My primary MD wanted to have it biopsied to check for an alternate diagnosis. (She said Lupus) Which I do not have. I may have jumped the gun, but i was really getting myself worked up. I also get "red dot rashes" on my legs and feet. They vary in size and shape, neither is itchy at all. The reason I went to the doctor is that the Telangiectasias are creeping up my neck rapidly, and my arms are speckled with something that looks different. I will be going to a new rheumatologist on Dec. 18th.
    I got the "morphea" results from the biopsy report. I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of things. I really appreciate your input. Thanks so much

Old 11-29-2017, 08:21 AM   #5
    luca689
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User

Ya, I have the telangiastias myself. LOL call me Dot. Have you had the various antibody panels, besides ANA run? If so do you know your antibody type?

Old 11-29-2017, 04:10 PM   #6
    luckychrissy
    (female)

luckychrissy HB User

Hello again! I didn't even know there were different antibody types, let alone what they indicate!!!! However on my last labs, I had a negative result for CCP Antibodies
    IgG/IgA. My overall complement Total (ch50) was high. My CRP was 11.4. ANA Direct, positive abnormal. Anti-DNA 5. (lab says Equivocal 5-9). RNP 2.2 High. Sed rate normal. I really appreciate your correspondence. I am going to see a highly recommended Rheumatologist in December. I've been to 2 different ones in the past 3 years--each have said there is no Lupus activity, there's nothing I can do for you at this time./@#% Just crazy and very expensive even with my insurance.
    I had gotten so disheartened, but a co-worker of mine has Lupus and referred me to her Primary Care Physician. She is the one that ordered all the tests so far.
    Anyway thanks again. Hugs!
    Christine

Reply Reply