It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• Here are my symptoms. Any idea what condition I might have?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #1
    fortyxevna
    (male)

fortyxevna HB User
    Here are my symptoms. Any idea what condition I might have?

My Dr thinks I might have an autoimmune condition.

Symptoms:
    • Air hunger.
    • Respiratory discomfort + fatigue.
    • General fatigue.
    • Muscle aches, fatigue, cramping.
    • Exercise intolerance.
    • Chronic headache.
    • Cannot sleep.
    • Inflamed sinuses.
    • Body hurting all over.
    • Shakes.
    • Weakness.
    • Chest / heart pain.
    • Feeling very unwell.
    • Cognitively slow.
    • Canít perform tasks. Driving. Work.
    • Overheating. Sweating.
    • Chills.
    • Rashes / eczema on arms, chest, face.
    • Osteopenia.
    • High and low eosinophil levels.
    • Reactive airways.
    • Uncontrollable coughing.
    • Heart palpitations.
    • Neurogenic pain in jaw and neck.
    • Severe constipation.
    • Chronic skin itching, sweating.
    • Yeast infections.
    • Positive allergy scratch test.
    • Subcutaneous nodules. Chest, eyes, buttocks, back.
    • Hip pain.

History
    • Started 29 years ago at age 7.
    • Progressively worse each year.
    • Symptoms worse with lack of sleep, animal hair, smoke, dust.
    • Weekly flare-ups, followed by brief remission.
    • After flare-up I feel very cold and sleep for 12 hours.
    • Getting a respiratory virus seems to improve the regular symptoms.
    • Prednisone works for a week then stops working as well.
    • Discoid rash as a child.
    • Severe edema at injury sites (broken bones, etc).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2018, 08:10 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Here are my symptoms. Any idea what condition I might have?

Dear fortyxevna,

I experience similar symptoms and constantly have to be aware and proactive. I don't know if you have a specific autoimmune condition, but whether you do or not, there are many things we can and must do for ourselves to help us feel better and prevent/manage disease - one is to get enough real rest, and two, to do some exercise every single day, even if it is just walking in fresh air. I have had several broken bones, too, and so I understand living with that. We must to take care of our own bodies and our own minds. No one can or will do that for us.

Are you eating right and enough, or too much? Yeast is a normally in the body but when we have an overgrowth is when we get symptoms. Balance that by eating plain yogurt. Don't buy the sweetened kind with fruit. Avoid salty foods as excess salt causes the body to retain water.

Sugar feeds yeast. Cut back from sugars and sweets or better yet cut them out of your diet. When we barely move we need to avoid sugar carbs because our bodies cannot use them up. Cut back on the breads and other carbs, too. For now for sweets only eat berries (a bag of frozen dark colored berries can go a long way).

Stop eating breads and cereals. Our bodies don't need or use up those foods when we are barely moving around. If you have been eating cold cereal, throw it out. Those carbs create inflammation and phlegm.

Even those who are sick in a hospital need taken from bed and made to move around. If you are at home by yourself, you can and must do it for yourself. Don't lay around and expect you will feel better. If you are lonely, go sit at a park in the shade in good weather and feed the birds or chat with people when you can. Take a snack of dark colored vegetables for energy.

If you need help to get outside and keep your home in order, call someone. Open windows to get fresh air, and sit outside when you can. Wear suitable clothing to avoid getting chilled or over heated, but walk a little every day. Walking to a bathroom is not enough exercise. Stop eating sweets, sugar, and carbs at least until you are well. Those things cause phlegm and inflammation in the body. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to recommend something for the Rashes / eczema. Make sure to shower in water that is not too hot, and shower every day. Your home must be kept clean.

There are gentle things that we can take to relieve constipation. Ask a pharmacist for a recommendation and don't allow that to continue. Eating enough healthy fruits and vegetables, legumes helps that, too.

Do light stretches before you get out of bed. That is the only way I can get moving in the morning. I easily overheat, too. So I get a scarf wet and wring most of the water out and hang it around my neck. The air on the moisture keeps me cool for some time.

Don't let dust or dirt build up. Dust and vacuum your home. Dust fan blades, and keep the sheets and pillow cases and blankets washed. Dry in a hot dryer to kill dust mites. Vacuum and mop the floors and vacuum the furniture and mattress once a month. Keep your bathroom and kitchen clean. Use a antibacterial cleaner in the bathroom, on your cabinets, counter tops, inside the refrigerator, etc.

We can get in a mind set that we have to experience certain symptoms, but the fact is, there is a lot that affects whether we have health or not. Esp. when we have disorders, there are many things we need to be conscious of and that we can change to help ourselves be the best we can be. Or we can depend on doctors and medicines and never really get whole or well. It has to start in our minds and with us.

You can do this dear. Call a local seniors agency or a church and ask for help to get started. But don't depend on others. We must change how we think about ourselves.

You are worth the effort.

Love,

Last edited by yayagirl; 07-15-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:05 PM   #3
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Many of your symptoms could be from a combination of autoimmune disease and allergies. These two problems often coexist. You are only 36 and this started at age 7? What doctors have you seen and what conditions have been investigated? You definitely need a rheumatologist, allergist and dermatologist to evaluate all this. The common autoimmune diseases like lupus should be explored and specific tests done to check out. I would wonder also about gluten intolerance or celiac disease, as well as allergies to inhalants. Your family history is important as well as previous labs that may have been done. You have too many symptoms for someone your age and deserve a thorough work up for a diagnosis and treatment to get you feeling better. Donít settle for anything less.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:18 PM   #4
    fortyxevna
    (male)

fortyxevna HB User

Thank you. I'm seeing an immunologist and a rheumatologist.

The weekly flare-up and remission cycle seems to rule-out plus indicate a number of conditions, according to my doctors.

They've tested for a lot of conditions... but all negative results so far.

Reply Reply

Tags
    fatigue, inflammation, respiratory