It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• Sound familiar?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-19-2018, 01:57 AM   #1
    Jessica1314
    (female)

Jessica1314 HB User
    Sound familiar?

Does anyone have any feedback? I've been to multiple doctors and I've been told I have hypothyroidism and a vitamin D deficiency. I also sometimes have a low white blood cell count and have had inflammation somewhere in my body for a year ( showing on my blood work)

Current / come & go symptoms:

* Swollen lymph nods that come and go and sometimes pain in my neck when I move or yawn
    * Vagina issues/ dryness
    * Dry itchy skin / very sensitive and tender
    * Cold feet - toes sometimes turn white and go numb
    * Severe fatigue - sleep all night, do not feel refreshed, nap two, three or more times a day. Never really feel rested or not tired. Sometimes I'm so tired I can't function / will do anything to sleep more
    * Severe Constipation at times / stomach problems ( pain) ibs
    * Thick mucus in stools
    * Coughing up thick sticky mucus
    * Usually have a stuffy dry nose and or "cuts" on the sides
    * Early problems with my lungs - multiple doctors said I had asthma, was on inhalers for a couple years
    * Body aches and pains
    * Muscle weakness
    * General weakness
    * Joint pain - sometimes wake up and my fingers are in so much pain
    * Hard time articulating words/ they come out in weird orders/ can't seem to get them straight- has been getting worse / happening for a couple months or more, brain fog, light headedness / (this doesn't always happen, but it will happen more frequent than I assume is normal)
    * Breathing problems at times / Breatheless/ short deep gasps for air ( mostly at night)
    * Feeling faint - fainting since I was young when I had pain or anxiety
    * Severe sweating - Hot flashes / extreme sweating -Some sort of hormonal problem? Started when I was 12, before I gained weight. / But sometimes chills- intolerance to heat & cold
    * Reoccurring infection in throat
    * Dry mouth
    * Bad Headaches
    * Pelvis pain - Pulsing pain on top of vagina/
    * Tender breasts/ like they are burning at times
    Other random things:
    * White lines inside my mouth
    * Hip pain
    * Back pain, that sometimes goes down my butt & legs
    * Itchy head - head sores?

My main problem is my fatigue as it keeps me from working.
    My doctor recently prescribed me a stimulant to help with my fatigue but it hasn't seemed to do much for me? My symptoms range from my head all the way to my toes. I hope no one has these symptoms as well, however I know that isn't the case, so if you have similar issues I would like to hear back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2018, 09:10 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Sound familiar?

Dear Jessica,

How is your exercise and how are your eating habits?
    Are you on thyroid or female hormones?

You can increase your white blood cell count by taking a Vit D supplement, but it is best to get natural nutrients from food. Vitamin D rich foods are poultry, bell peppers, sunflower seeds, broccoli, garlic, ginger, spinach, plain yogurt (with fresh fruit or pure honey, NOT canned fruit or presweetened yogurt), almonds, turmeric, green tea, papaya, kiwi, and shellfish.

Of course that is nutrition and not a fast acting drug. There are drugs that alter symptoms, but no drug that provides the balance of natural health; if we want our body to be healthy we have to provide healthy fuel and exercise (safe exercise). We don't need to over do, but we need to move and get the blood circulating.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-19-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:17 AM   #3
    Jessica1314
    (female)

Jessica1314 HB User

Hello! My eating habits are usually quite good, however it's very difficult for me to exercise since I'm so fatigued all the time. My doctor has prescribed a stimulant for this, however I don't think it's working, and the stimulant is more of a band aid, I would really like to know what is causing my extreme fatigue. Thank you for your feedback!

Old 07-24-2018, 08:31 AM   #4
    yalwayssick
    (female)

yalwayssick HB Useryalwayssick HB User

@Jessica1314

many of your symptoms are 'familar'. Inflammation is a "whole body" condition meaning it's not just in one area or part and instead contributes to every single cell in your body from your Gut, to your glands, from your joints to your nerves, from within the Blood Brain Barrier and HPA.

Once your body or any part of it is inflamed, other body parts respond to counteract whats happening. Your adrenal glands, your pituatary glands, thyroid glands, and blood are all impacted including the brain which is why you feel or experience brain fog, cognitive/executive functioning declines, speech errors, inability to get the right words out etc. The low white cell counts are the fighting cells, those usually increase when fighting an infection. Vitamin D deficiency is a very common ailment, and depending on your bodies ability to metabolize it efficiently it can interfere with the ability to get enough of it.

Vitamin D3 in pure form is easy on the stomach and that is helpful when one has IBS considering the lack of processing of nutritional need. Vitamins B2 and b12 are good for your blood levels. Alot of the things you noted as symptoms are quite relevant for Autoimmune malfunctioning and perhaps could be related to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which also impacts every part of the body, nerves, joints, and hormonal imbalances.

Perhaps you can find a naturopathic doctor that can test all of your hormones, and treat with supplementation that could start the healing process. Best of wishes to you, and hope you feel better.

Last edited by Moderator1; 07-24-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:31 AM   #5
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Jessica, I wonder if your hypothyroidism has been treated. That makes people very fatigued and replacement thyroid hormone is necessary. You have many symptoms that could be explained by an autoimmune disorder such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. The dry mouth and vagina also suggest possible Sjogren's syndrome, an autoimmune disorder that can occur in conjunction with others. Your thyroid condition may even be autoimmune (Hashimoto's thyroiditis). You need a full workup for lupus, RA, Sjogren's, Hashimoto's. This can best be done by a rheumatologist, so hopefully your PCP will refer you to one or you can see one on your own if your insurance doesn't require a referral. There is no need for you to feel so badly. Pursue finding a cause for your symptoms and get on appropriate treatment. An endocrinologist can help with your thyroid if needed. It takes awhile for treatment to help and to get the right dose figured out. Let us know what happens please.

Reply Reply