It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• Crippling feet neuropathy?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-19-2018, 01:34 PM   #1
    On27
    (female)

On27 HB User
    Crippling feet neuropathy?

Hi there
    I am a 37 y/o female who was recently (Aug 2018), diagnosed with neuropathy, rhuematoid arthritis, spondylitis, and vasculitis.
    Before this , I was feeling healthy. Each time I go to the ER , I would get admitted because the pain is unbearable. In the past month I was hospitalized 5 times. I am working with a rhuematologist and also a neurologist, both were assigned to me by the hospital.
    Fast forward to today. I am currently on a whole lot of meds like lyrica, predinisone, and methotrexate. Also tramadol for pain.
    Well, I have not seen any improvement in both my feet, and every night I would cry because of the burning, crawling and stabbing pain. I had to sleep on the livingroom couch so I don't wake up my husband and kids.

I am off from work on FMLA which will run out soon. I am lost and I don't know what to do.

I am very scared. I am sorry this is such a long post. Please any advice, or experiences is very much appreciated.

On27

Last edited by Administrator; 09-21-2018 at 06:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Crippling feet neuropathy?

Have you told your doctors this? Perhaps you should ask them if it might be due to the wrong combination of drugs.

It seems to me that all of the above diseases involve inflammation which may be caused by Vasculitis. Vasculitis is an inflammatory autoimmune disease that can strike anywhere in the body. So it might be best if they just treat you for Vasculitis. Ask them if that's what they are doing. Above all, be sure to tell them as soon as possible that the current medications are not working and that you feel worse than you did to begin with.

Anti-inflammatory Diet: In the mean time, you might try doing some research on anti-inflammatory diets. It's not a cure, as far as I know, but may be helpful in relieving some of the pain. I haven't thought about this for a while but I remember that sugar and white flour products are the worst inflammatory culprits.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-21-2018 at 06:35 AM.

Old 09-20-2018, 10:14 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

What has the Neurologist tested you for? Have you had MRIs? I have the very same problems in my feet (and my hands) randomly...not every day of my life, but off and on...in fact, it was in my hands which took me to the ER after weeks of pain 15 years ago. I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis...the brain is sending wacky signals to my feet and hands due to my autoimmune disease.

I also tried Lyrica, which did absolutely nothing for me... I was on so many different drugs, none of which helped, all because this is neurological and due to damage on different parts of my brain- not because it was vascular.

Have you had talks with the neuro to ask what he has ruled out? I would start there.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:20 PM   #4
    On27
    (female)

On27 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
    Have you told your doctors this? Perhaps you should ask them if it might be due to the wrong combination of drugs.

It seems to me that all of the above diseases involve inflammation which may be caused by Vasculitis. Vasculitis is an inflammatory autoimmune disease that can strike anywhere in the body. So it might be best if they just treat you for Vasculitis. Ask them if that's what they are doing. Above all, be sure to tell them as soon as possible that the current medications are not working and that you feel worse than you did to begin with.

Anti-inflammatory Diet: In the mean time, you might try doing some research on anti-inflammatory diets. It's not a cure, as far as I know, but may be helpful in relieving some of the pain. I haven't thought about this for a while but I remember that sugar and white flour products are the worst inflammatory culprits.
    Hi JohnR41
    Yes my rheumatologist and primary doctors know all of my symptoms. I also had a lot of lab work done and RH was high, absolute esinophil too. Also positive ANCA . I do believe its the medications. I have appointment with primary tomorrow. Today was a lot better. I woke up with only the burning pains instead of all of the symptoms at once. I am taking tramadol and Advil but my feet continue to feel full and seems like worms are crawling everywhere especially inside if my ankles.

Reply Reply