It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• Biopsy Results

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-18-2019, 09:41 AM   #1
    daniell77
    (female)

daniell77 HB User
    Biopsy Results

Question: Can Localized Scleroderma cause Telangiectasia? My daughter had a biopsy on the back of her knee that showed as morphea. I initially thought it was eczema because it's behind the knee but when I was putting an eczema cream on it one night, my daughter said she couldn't feel my touch. That's when I brought her in to the dermatologist. It also goes across her chest, upper back and all down her arms. This is the second time it's been on her knee. She has Telangiectasia on her face. Since this biopsy, we are getting a second opinion with another Pediatric Rheumatologist because our current Rheum has had her on Plaquenil for 3 years for "possible Lupus" and still has no answers for us. She has been ANA+ 1:5120 Homogeneous, 1:1280 Anti-Centromere and 1:640 Speckled. We still don't have a diagnosis. All we have is the biopsy results. We are hoping that it is just localized but due to her previous kidney condition where her renal arteries had to be reconstructed, I'm afraid it's going to be systemic. She had renal artery stenosis suddenly at the age of 7. High blood pressure came out of nowhere causing her to be very sick. I'm not sure if Telangiectasia is a part of localized or if that is always a systemic problem? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2019, 02:26 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Biopsy Results

Most doctors will only treat the symptoms and never get to the root cause when it comes to autoimmune disease. New research indicates that autoimmune disease often starts with "leaky gut" or hyper-permeability of the small intestine. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory Drugs (NAIDs) have proved to be harmful to the small intestine.

Also, antibiotics and certain processed foods can cause harm to the small intestine. So it may be that a healthy community of micro-flora in the lower intestinal tract needs to be reestablished.

Like I said, this is relatively new so most medical doctors will not treat it other than to prescribe drugs to cover up symptoms. That's what they are trained to do in medical school.

Reply Reply