It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• Centromere Ab Positive

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-26-2019, 05:40 AM   #1
    daniell77
    (female)

daniell77 HB User
    Centromere Ab Positive

I took my daughter for a second opinion with a new Rheumatologist earlier this week. She confirmed that she does have Scleroderma but doesn't know whether it's confined to the skin or if it's Systemic. We have been with our other Rheumatologist for 3 years and on Plaquenil this whole time and could never get a diagnosis. All he would tell us was that he was keeping her on the Plaquenil to "hold off the Lupus". We Loved this new doctor! We had to drive 4 hours to see her because she is the only other pediatric Rheumatologist in our state. I called every Rheumatologist in our city and surrounding but no one would see her because she is a child. Despite the drive, the help and answers is well worth it. Anyway, I went into my daughter’s MyChart today and her blood results were already there. I haven’t spoken to her doctor yet but of course I was anxious to see what it was so I checked it out. She said she would call today. As usual, her ANA was positive but this time, she also tested positive for Centromere Ab. Does anyone have experience with this and can explain? Oh! And her Alkaline Phosphatase was really elevated at 300 with a 45-117 normal range. I also forgot to mention that she had a biopsy on a lesion behind her knee about a month ago that confirmed Morphea. I don't know if just morphea will call a positive ANA, especially as high as hers. The hole from the punch biopsy will not close...I'm guessing because the skin is hard there from the Morphea. The dermatologist took the stitches out after a week and it bled everywhere. It still wasn't even close to being closed but they left it open. Since then, we had to go to her pediatrician to have it irrigated and cleaned out because we were worried it was getting infected. We have seen so many doctors and she has been through so much! I am just so glad to be getting somewhere with this. Any help on the Centromere Ab (which I believe is the same as Centromere B) and the Alkaline Phosphatase would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

***Update***
    I went back to old blood work and see where she was Centromere B positive before. I guess I just forgot about it but I previously spoke with Luca689 about it. I spoke to the receptionist for the doctor. She made sure to tell me she isn't a nurse but she said that the doctor said her blood work was fine. How is this Centromere B positive and fine?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply