It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• Hashimoto Disease High Cholesterol

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-07-2019, 12:01 PM   #1
    Daisy Sunshine
    (female)

Daisy Sunshine HB User
    Hashimoto Disease High Cholesterol

Hi I just went to have an over 40s health check and the nurse told me that my cholesterol is slightly high for my age. She told me if it continues I could have problems by the time I get to 60. She said it was 3.3 but should be 2.5 for my age. I was quite surprised as I think I eat quite healthily so wonder what could be causing it. I then read that if your TSH is too high or if your thyroid isn't being maintained properly it can cause high cholesterol? I then read taking T3 and T4 may be the best way to stop this and keep your health controlled. Does anyone know anything about high cholesterol and thyroid? The only thing I do eat is eggs, I drink full fat milk and buy butter. Should I cut out eggs and perhaps have semi skimmed milk? Does anyone have any advice on cholesterol? or cholesterol and thyroid? Thank you! 🙂

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2019, 07:57 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Hashimoto Disease High Cholesterol

Hi Daisy,

Advice on cholesterol: Cut back on animal fat and increase your consumption of healthy plant foods like fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds (nuts and seeds in moderation).

You can tell when you're on the right track by measuring your daily consumption of plant fiber. You should aim for about 25 to 30 grams of fiber per day.

Diets that are high in fat and/or protein are not healthy long term.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:15 AM   #3
    Daisy Sunshine
    (female)

Daisy Sunshine HB User
    Re: Hashimoto Disease High Cholesterol

Hi thank you for your reply! Yes, I don't tend to eat such a high quantity of foods rich in plant fibre, so yes I should try and focus more on those types of foods and aim to up my intake. Perhaps I will also feel less hungry and it might stop me snacking so much. I will give it a try. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my query. 🙂

Reply Reply