It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• Thyroid Blood Test Results

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-14-2019, 05:27 AM   #1
    Daisy Sunshine
    (female)

Daisy Sunshine HB User
    Thyroid Blood Test Results

Hi can anyone help me? Does anyone know the correct blood results for the Thyroid? I have Hashimoto Disease and am currently on T4 medication. I take 100mg for 4 days and 150mg for 3 days. My TSH is 1.70, my T4 is 12.9 and my FT3 is 3.9? The doctor said they were ok, but I wonder if they should be a bit better? Thank you! 🙂

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2019, 06:32 AM   #2
    TreeFrog
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB User
    Re: Thyroid Blood Test Results

Hi Daisy Sunshine

To understand your blood test results one must know the blood test scale that is used by the lab or doctor. Unfortunately, there are several different scales for determining the so-called normal thyroid range. Because of this you need to ask your doctor or the nurse for a copy of the thyroid test that they use. We cannot know what the optimum level is for you as an individual. We readers would be just guessing. The levels that are optimal for me would not be optimal for you.

There is the range that is normal and healthy for you as an individual, determined mostly by your own symptoms. If you wonder if you would benefit from a dose tweaking,you need to explain your current symptoms to your doctor.

At my regular appts. my endo asks me how I am feeling and what if any symptoms I am having, then we discuss whether or not to tweak my thyroid dose. Does that help?

Old 08-14-2019, 07:07 AM   #3
    Daisy Sunshine
    (female)

Daisy Sunshine HB User

Hi Tree Frog, thanks for your reply. Yes I have the scale of minimum and maximum levels, and my thyroid doctor said I was in range but yes I am still having symptoms, such as tiredness, sore throat and sweating, and getting regular colds. I told the doctor I went to see this and she said it mustn't be your thyroid because my range is ok. She then said sorry I can't help. I might add that the thyroid doctor was a stand in and seemed rushed off her feet. She did however ask me to return in 6 months so I have an appointment in October. I also asked to be put on T3 and she said oh but that is it hard to monitor and can only be given in small doses, then she changed the subject. When I go back I guess I should be more persistent and make sure I get my concerns across to her. Perhaps my medicine does need tweaking again to feel at my best. I also haven't had any other full test e.g for adrenals or vitamins so perhaps I can push for these too. Thank you! 🙂

Old 08-14-2019, 07:39 AM   #4
    TreeFrog
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB UserTreeFrog HB User

Hi Daisy Sunshine,

The doctor is right on about T3. I am on it, but I did not have any of the symptoms you mentioned. Sweating when related to thyroid means one is taking too much thyroid.
    Adding T3 with your symptoms wouldn't make sense.

I wouldn't assume the tiredness, sore throat, sweating, and regular colds is at all related to your thyroid levels. It seems more likely that you may be fighting a virus, and/or are not getting enough rest. And you might benefit from taking more vitamin C.

Make sure you are getting enough regular rest, and increase your daily vitamin C, preferably from citrus and citrus juice. We cannot overdose on vitamin C, so you can increase that yourself.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #5
    Daisy Sunshine
    (female)

Daisy Sunshine HB User

Hi

Ok yes perhaps I do over do it a bit, and perhaps my immune system is always low. Ok will give extra vitamin C a go. Thank you! May I ask are you on T4 and T3 Levothyroxine or are you taking Natural Dessicated Thyroid? Do you feel Ok on your medication? Thank you!

Reply Reply