HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Autoimmune Disorders (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/autoimmune-disorders/)
-   -   How is the first rheumatology appointment like though. (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/autoimmune-disorders/1053270-how-first-rheumatology-appointment-like-though.html)

gal3323 10-09-2021 12:31 PM

How is the first rheumatology appointment like though.

I may have to go to a rheumatologist appointment in a little while though. I have some anxiety about it since I don't know how it will be like. Can someone give me some advice on what I should ask on a first rheumatologist appointment. What kind of test may they do though. Do you know if I would get any medication. Can I have some advice on this. Thanks.

Titchou 10-09-2021 03:24 PM

Re: How is the first rheumatology appointment like though.

They would ask you questions. Review any x rays or Dexa scans you may have. Inspect your joints. Do blood work. Highly unlikely for meds till they get blood work and maybe xrays.

gal3323 10-12-2021 11:30 AM

Thanks. Do you know if there are any side effects for medication for the rheumatoid arthiritis condition. I have some anxiety about that. Thanks.

Titchou 10-13-2021 04:58 AM

All depends on which meds....hard to say if any and you can look them up when you know the med. Keep in mind that not everyone experiences side effects - they are just ones that COULD happen,not WILL happen

quincy 10-13-2021 08:33 AM

Do you know that you in fact do have rheumatoid arthritis?
q

gal3323 10-16-2021 12:05 AM

I just have some joint pain so I went to see the rheumatologist. He will be doing some test on me to see what I may have. I don't know if I actually have rheumatoid arthritis though. Are there other conditions that can cause joint pain. I still have some anxiety if I have to take some medication later for it. Thanks.

Titchou 10-16-2021 06:43 AM

Osteoarthritis would be one. It's degenerative from age and use. I have it in my hands. Have you tried tylenol or Aleve to see if that helps? If so, then that can sort of tell you.

gal3323 10-25-2021 05:38 PM

Thanks. I tried taking some aleve though I still had the joint pain ya. Does that mean that I can have some other kind of arthiritis though? I am not sure what I have. I still have anxiety about this condition. Thanks.

Titchou 10-25-2021 06:12 PM

It could be...have you gotten your testing results back?

gal3323 10-29-2021 03:05 AM

Thanks. I haven't got the results back yet. I have anxiety about taking medication for joint pain ya. Do you know if you have to take medication for the arthritis condition for awhile. I think I have anxiety about that though. Thanks.

Titchou 10-29-2021 04:36 AM

If you have either form of arthritis, you would be on daily meds for the rest of your life. There is no cure for either (osteo or rheumatoid). Of course, you could go without taking it but you would have pain or some discomfort continually