It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• What is the normal size of the kidneys suposed to be?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-28-2004, 04:38 PM   #31
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Re: What is the normal size of the kidneys suposed to be?

Hi Isobelle, Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling to good. I will be so shocked if the doctor says it isn't your gallbladder, I swear it sounds like gallbladder. Either way, I hope they could figure out what it is, so you can get well.

When my gallbladder acted up, I couldn't eat for days. To me, even after having 4 kids, My gallbladder pain was worse than my labor pains.

The good thing is, if it is gallbladder, they can take it out and they give you something for pain!!

I have been feeling better as far as pain, but it seems like the incontinuence, is getting worse. I have to wear a pad all day every day for 3 weeks now, and I will be getting my monthly visitor this week. That sucks!!!! I hate wearing pads!!! (lol)

Well I'm closing for now, I have to go feed my kids. Talk to you tomorrow.

Becky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2004, 04:59 AM   #32
    Izmik
    (female)

Izmik HB User
    Smile Re: What is the normal size of the kidneys suposed to be?

Hi Becky yeal LOL I hate wearing pads too - had my visitor last week. Well went to the doctor today , my ultrasound results are still not in but I tested positive for helicobacter pylori. On the triple medication stuff to get rid of it. What a day its been, its been full on. The doctor decided to test my husband as well because of the environment we work in. We have our own business and we deal with the public everyday. Anyway Mike went and had his test so we will find out next week. I had to laugh because when I got menieres disease I had a vertigo attack and fell over and broke my leg and ankle and he was like cant you just get the flu, do you have to get these things with exotic names LOL Anyway today when I told him pylori helicobacter, and that he had to get tested he goes oh geez not another tropical disease LOL....Anyway will do the medication and then see how the kidneys go. Doc said the swelling high on my abdo was not from my stomach as its not up there. But do the medication first , see how I go and then we will sort out that.

So what have you been up to ? How are you feeling ? Counting the days until you can get some relief I'll bet. And especially with that other condition you have as well. Is it worse in the heat or cold ? Or just continous regardless of the weather. ? Gotta go have a cuppa - pity you didnt live nearby LOL. anyway take care talk to you soon. :-) I was trying to add an icon but its got me stuffed how you do it, or what they mean LOL I was just going to pick the cool one with the glasses on.

Isobelle

Old 01-30-2004, 07:30 AM   #33
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User

Hey Isobelle, That does sound like a tropical name!! Thats too funny what your husband said.

I really hope everything is ok . Is the helicobacter pylori a bacterial infection? How do you get it? Is he saying that, that's what he thinks is causing your stomach pain or does he still think it might be something else? Either way, I really hope the antibiotics helps with your pain.

HS short name for what I have, is very painful when it flares up. I notice it more during stressful times. But really can pop up anytime, though it does more in the heat.
    I've got a boil on my breast right now!! (ouch) But it looks like its going away!!

Well only 11 days to go!!! I'm going for now, I'll talk to you soon!!
    Becky

Old 01-31-2004, 05:07 PM   #34
    Izmik
    (female)

Izmik HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hollygirl05
    Hey Isobelle, That does sound like a tropical name!! Thats too funny what your husband said.

I really hope everything is ok . Is the helicobacter pylori a bacterial infection? How do you get it? Is he saying that, that's what he thinks is causing your stomach pain or does he still think it might be something else? Either way, I really hope the antibiotics helps with your pain.

HS short name for what I have, is very painful when it flares up. I notice it more during stressful times. But really can pop up anytime, though it does more in the heat.
    I've got a boil on my breast right now!! (ouch) But it looks like its going away!!

Well only 11 days to go!!! I'm going for now, I'll talk to you soon!!
    Becky
    Hi Becky, not long now for you. The helicobacter is a bacteria that lives and thrives in the stomach and causes peptic and gastric ulcers. I did read somewhere that it can cause blockages to other organs. Hence my kidney hydronephresis. Whether this is true or not I dont know. I am doing the triple therapy treatment at the moment. I have had this the whole time I had been just about begging someone to help me. They'd say yeah go drink 3 litres of water, yes take buscopan, yep take metamucil. Im just so elated that I swapped docs and he finds this on the first visit. Ultrasounds were not back within the week, but I guess if there is anything wrong on there they will call me. Doing the triple therapy for a week and see how I go. I just cant fathom that this could cause a person so much pain, and feel that what I have is more than that. But we will see.

Hope your doing alright, its Sunday here, today I am taking my sons mother in law for lunch. I love doing lunch LOL but watching what I eat. Had a small piece of steak last nite and its the first time since before xmas, it was beautiful. Counting the days now for you. Take care talk to you tomorrow.

Isobelle

Old 02-03-2004, 07:34 AM   #35
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User

Hi Isobelle, How are you?? I hope everything is going good for you!!! Have you heard anything yet?? Everything is going good here, still swelling a little but so far I haven't had any pain in the last couple of days!!! (knock on wood)

How is your stomach pain doing?? Are you finished your antibiotics or are you still taking them? Is it helping your pain any??

Well I hope everything is going good, I'll talk to you soon!!!
    Just 1 week left!!! Counting them down!!

Becky

Old 02-03-2004, 04:27 PM   #36
    Izmik
    (female)

Izmik HB User

Quote:
    Hi Isobelle, How are you?? I hope everything is going good for you!!! Have you heard anything yet?? Everything is going good here, still swelling a little but so far I haven't had any pain in the last couple of days!!! (knock on wood)

How is your stomach pain doing?? Are you finished your antibiotics or are you still taking them? Is it helping your pain any??

Well I hope everything is going good, I'll talk to you soon!!!
    Just 1 week left!!! Counting them down!!

Becky
    Hi Becky one week left for you , that is great. At least you will know whats wrong. Yea doing ok on my 7 day triple treatment except today I dont feel so good, must be the antibiotics. On my 5th day today, and the yukky taste it leaves in your mouth is the pits.I have a pain on my left side too its like left sided appendicitis. I swear its my kidney stone, but the docs reckon I shouldnt feel it.

When I was over at the digestive forum I read that a lot of people are taking the probiotic drink which keeps your tummy healthy. I thought if you got some too you might feel a little better perhaps. I bought some myself and have one in the morning and one before bed. What date is your appointment again ? I will be thinking of you that day and waiting for news of how you go.
    Must go talk to you soon
    Isobelle

Old 02-06-2004, 09:20 PM   #37
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User

Hi Isobelle, How are you feeling today?? I'm doing ok. I had to take my son to the doctor today, he has strep throat. The doctor said it is going around the schools.
    He has been so miserable. Well you should almost be through with your antibiotics huh? Has it helped any?? My appointment is Tuesday, February 10th. Only 4 more days to go now!!! Have you heard anything on your test yet?? I'll talk to you soon!!!

Becky

Old 02-07-2004, 04:40 AM   #38
    Izmik
    (female)

Izmik HB User

Quote:
    Hi Isobelle, How are you feeling today?? I'm doing ok. I had to take my son to the doctor today, he has strep throat. The doctor said it is going around the schools.
    He has been so miserable. Well you should almost be through with your antibiotics huh? Has it helped any?? My appointment is Tuesday, February 10th. Only 4 more days to go now!!! Have you heard anything on your test yet?? I'll talk to you soon!!!

Becky
    Hi Becky sorry to hear that your son isnt feeling the best, its rotten having a sore throat and I hope he feels better soon. Four days to go Wow - your wait has been so long, its so unfair. At least maybe you will have an answer in a few days. I certainly hope so.

Yep finished my treatment last nite and not feeling real good today. My abdomen is burning right across my breast line and is filled with fluid which has made like a big bulge across the top. Havent been back to find out about my ultrasound but I figure if I had anything they would call me. Im going to wait another week and see how this pain goes and then go back again. Its on both sides so Im still not convinced its not my kidneys and I dont believe for one minute that an ultrasound and a 24 hour urine test covers everything for kidneys. Sitting here with a heat bag on LOL. My hubby will be home in a min so gotta toddle - keep me informed how you are doing. talk to you soon
    Isobelle

Old 02-07-2004, 06:32 AM   #39
    floridalady

floridalady HB User

Becky,

Please look up neurogenic bladder where the bladder holds urine and then all of sudden you go like a river. There also is such a doctor called a neurourologist. Mine is at Mayo Cancer Center...No I don't have cancer..

Keep us updated as to how you do.

Annie

Old 02-08-2004, 09:33 AM   #40
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User

Hi Isobelle, I'm sorry your still not feeling well. I wish they would call you and let you know whats going on!!!

I'm so afraid this clinic is going to call and reschedule my appointment again!! I will be so upset!! Yep, only 2 days to go. Can't wait!!

My son is feeling alot better today, the doctor said he would be able to go to school Monday. They gave him an antibiotic shot!!! He wasn't too happy about that (lol)

I'll talk to you tomorrow!!!

Becky

Old 02-08-2004, 09:38 AM   #41
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User

Hi Annie, I will look that up!! A few years ago, my bladder was loose so my doctor gave me medicine and I had to do kegal exercises. When I went back the doctor said my bladder was fine so I didn't need surgery. My obgyn says my uterus is really low but she isn't going to do anything for it since it isn't causing any problems. Of course, I have 4 kids!!! Think that might be why its hanging so low?? (loL)

I'll keep you updated on my progress!!

Becky

Old 02-08-2004, 03:27 PM   #42
    Izmik
    (female)

Izmik HB User

Hi Becky hope everything is going well for you. Time to start counting the hours down soon. I cant believe they left you so long like that, and I thought here was bad. Yep you will be on edge until you get to that clinic Ill bet. I havent bothered calling about my scans cause I know Im going back LOL. Yep I dont think Id be too happy about an antibiotic shot either - I hate needles. Having visitors for dinner so have to get prepared. Will talk to you before your appointment....Isobelle

Old 02-09-2004, 03:51 PM   #43
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User

Hi Isobelle, Hope you are doing well!!! I'm getting really anxious as tomorrow is the day!!! I'm still not sure what they are going to do. I have a feeling that they are just going to ask me a bunch of questions and schedule me another appointment to do any test!!! So I'll problably still have to wait months before I will know anything!!! But who knows, Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll do some test tomorrow.

Well enough about me. I really hope you find out something soon. Can't wait till you get the rest of your results!! I know how it feels to have really bad tummy pain and not have any relief, That is so miserable!!!!

Well I write you tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Talk to you soon!!!!

Becky

Old 02-09-2004, 04:28 PM   #44
    Izmik
    (female)

Izmik HB User
    Smile Re: What is the normal size of the kidneys suposed to be?

Quote:
    Hi Isobelle, Hope you are doing well!!! I'm getting really anxious as tomorrow is the day!!! I'm still not sure what they are going to do. I have a feeling that they are just going to ask me a bunch of questions and schedule me another appointment to do any test!!! So I'll problably still have to wait months before I will know anything!!! But who knows, Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll do some test tomorrow.

Well enough about me. I really hope you find out something soon. Can't wait till you get the rest of your results!! I know how it feels to have really bad tummy pain and not have any relief, That is so miserable!!!!

Well I write you tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Talk to you soon!!!!

Becky
    Hi Becky wishing you all the best for tomorrow and good luck. When I first went the urologist looked at my kidneys on the ultrasound machine, then he wrote me out a pathology thing to have a blood test and 24 hour urine test. They measure the amount of creatinine in your urine and blood etc to see how well your kidneys are functioning and also what your stone is made of if you have a stone. Then I went over to the x ray dept and had a KUB x ray. Where they just x ray the kidneys ureter and bladder. Sometimes they do the one with dye in it. So yes you could probably have those tests done tomorrow. But as soon as they look at your kidneys with the ultrasound machine they will decide what tests you need. Feeling a bit better today. Take it easy today as tomorrow will be a biggy for you. So all the best and let me know :-)
    Isobelle

Old 02-10-2004, 05:48 PM   #45
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User

Hi Isobelle, I went to the doctor today and they did some blood work and a urine test. I won't get the results of the urine test for a week. I have to go back on March 15 for an IVP and A VCUG. Then I have to go back on April 22 to get the results!!! So I'm still going to have to wait forever to find out whats going on!!! ugggg!! I'm sure who ever does the x-rays might let me know what they see. I hope!!

How are you feeling today?? I hope you feel better. Did you have a VCUG done on you? If so ,what was it like?

Well I'll talk to you tomorrow!!

Becky

Closed Thread