It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• What is the normal size of the kidneys suposed to be?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-23-2004, 08:53 AM   #61
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Re: What is the normal size of the kidneys suposed to be?

Hi Isobelle, They put a catheter in. The burning pain was gone by the next morning. Thank goodness!!! Today you are getting your endoscopy done, Good Luck!!
    Let me know how it goes.

You had bell's palsy? I had that when I was 9 or 10. My mom said it was caused by some virus I had and it lasted a few months.

I go back to the urologist on April 22, still a ways away. I'll talk to you soon!!
    Becky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2004, 04:59 PM   #62
    Izmik
    (female)

Izmik HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hollygirl05
    Hi Isobelle, They put a catheter in. The burning pain was gone by the next morning. Thank goodness!!! Today you are getting your endoscopy done, Good Luck!!
    Let me know how it goes.

You had bell's palsy? I had that when I was 9 or 10. My mom said it was caused by some virus I had and it lasted a few months.

I go back to the urologist on April 22, still a ways away. I'll talk to you soon!!
    Becky
    Hi Becky glad you are feeling better, my endoscopy is next Wednesday, it was my visit to him first yesterday. Yeah they say Bells Palsy is caused by having chicken pox at some time in you life. Im going to the urologist on the 29th April ( a week after you ). Just doing oxolate tests at the moment. The blood test and the 24 hour urine test. Will let you know how I go next week. Talk soon
    Isobelle

Old 04-19-2004, 10:51 AM   #63
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User

Hi Isobelle, How are you? Sorry I haven't written in a while, I have been having problems with my computer.

Did you get any results back yet? Have you been feeling any better? I hope so, How is your stomach?

I get my results on Thursday, I will let you know what he says.

Please let me know how you are doing!!!

My husbands mom just found out that her cancer has returned, She be having surgery again.

Talk to you soon

Becky

Old 04-19-2004, 09:30 PM   #64
    Izmik
    (female)

Izmik HB User

Quote:
    Hi Isobelle, How are you? Sorry I haven't written in a while, I have been having problems with my computer.

Did you get any results back yet? Have you been feeling any better? I hope so, How is your stomach?

I get my results on Thursday, I will let you know what he says.

Please let me know how you are doing!!!

My husbands mom just found out that her cancer has returned, She be having surgery again.

Talk to you soon

Becky
    Hi Becky I was going to look for this thread last nite and post to you as I hadnt heard from you in awhile. So sorry to hear about your mother in law - that is not good news. I hope her surgery goes well.

All well here ( touch wood ) stomach is doing fine after that second lot of treatment. Did I tell you they found a hiatus or hiatal hernia or whatever it is called while I had the endoscopy ? Anyway its not bothering me so , so far so good. I had a back tooth out last week tho lol and its giving me all the grief in the world. I think Im just a born sooky baby.

Let me know when you get your results back wont you. Im seeing the urologist on the 29th of this month so will let you know how I go with whether the stone is staying or going.

Hope you hubby and the kids are all doing fine, its cooling down here and moving into winter so you guys should be getting some nice spring weather I would imagine....Will take off as I have some things to go do.

take care and talk to you soon
    Isobelle

Old 04-20-2004, 07:31 PM   #65
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User

Hi Isobelle, Glad you are doing better. Are they giving you anything for your hital hernia? I've been taking an acid reducer for mine. The other medicine I was taking, made my hernia worse.

I only have 2 days left, Hopefully will find out what's going on.
    Let me know are yours goes ok?

We have been having really nice weather. It's been in the 70's here and a little breezy. I love keeping my door and windows open.
    I've been doing my gardening and cutting my grass. I love doing yard work!! (lol)

Well I'll talk to you tomorrow.
    Becky

Old 05-02-2004, 02:00 AM   #66
    Izmik
    (female)

Izmik HB User

Hi Becky, I seen the urologist the other day and I will be having an ivp x ray and then he said maybe blast the stone or laser it, depending on where it is.
    So fasting tomorrow...yuk...

How did you go with your visit, did you get your test results back ??
    Im in a hurry tonight, will talk later...let me know
    Isobelle

Old 05-17-2004, 08:09 PM   #67
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User

Hi Isobelle, How are you? Did you get your results back yet? Mine came back and my doctor said my kidneys are fine. It didn't show any problems. Can you believe it? I'm so glad, I wonder where my pain is coming from then?

Please let me know when your doctor gives you your results. Sorry it took so long to get back.
    Becky

Old 05-25-2004, 01:11 AM   #68
    Izmik
    (female)

Izmik HB User

Quote:
    Hi Isobelle, How are you? Did you get your results back yet? Mine came back and my doctor said my kidneys are fine. It didn't show any problems. Can you believe it? I'm so glad, I wonder where my pain is coming from then?

Please let me know when your doctor gives you your results. Sorry it took so long to get back.
    Becky
    Hi Becky I have been on holiday for a week so forgive me for not answering. I had the ivp x ray , it took two hours. I dont have the results until I see the urologist on Thursday but I'll bet they say the same thing to me too, the x ray person already said that my large stone is not causing any blockage. And besides its the other side that hurts. Will let you know what he says after Thursday.

take care
    Isobelle

Old 06-04-2004, 05:00 AM   #69
    Izmik
    (female)

Izmik HB User

Hi Becky how are you ? Long time no see...

I have seen the urologist who said my kidney stone will be staying right where it is. They cant blast it because its in a lower diverticuli ? diverticulum...something like that, he said if he blasted it, the fragments have got no where to go. With this type of thing they usually do the surgery where they go in with a wire, but because at the moment its not causing any blockage he will leave it where it is. I have to go back in 6 months and have another x ray to see how much bigger ( if any ) its got. I still have my right sided pain. I went to see the doc the other day and Im back on Nexium as he reckons its acid reflux from my hernia.

Let me know how you are doing
    take care
    Isobelle

Closed Thread