It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• boils

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-20-2004, 04:47 PM   #1
    mama8

mama8 HB User
    boils

I just read in another post that boils can be connected to kidney disease. I don't think I wanted to hear that. I posted another thread about my lab results first, though.

Recently I did have a boil in a place that I will not discuss and it was very sore. My GP gave me an antibiotic over the phone, without seeing me. It has gone down, but not completely away.

How prevalent are kidney problems when you have boils?

Thanks,
    Ramona

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2004, 10:15 PM   #2
    cystineman

cystineman HB User
    Re: boils

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mama8
    I just read in another post that boils can be connected to kidney disease. I don't think I wanted to hear that. I posted another thread about my lab results first, though.

Recently I did have a boil in a place that I will not discuss and it was very sore. My GP gave me an antibiotic over the phone, without seeing me. It has gone down, but not completely away.

How prevalent are kidney problems when you have boils?

Thanks,
    Ramona
    One may have nothing to do with the other but if you've had kidney problems in the past just be careful if you see a boil starting and for goodness sakes go straight to the doc for antibiotics cause if they get big not only are they painful as hell but they can leave nasty scars(i have two scars on my legs, not pretty)

Old 03-23-2004, 08:45 AM   #3
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Re: boils

Hi, Sorry to hear about your boil!! I know what it's like. I do not have kidney disease as far as I know but I do get boils all the time. I have a disease called Hidradenitis Suppurativa. It's a disease that blocks up the sweatglands, I get boils in my groin, armpits, stomach, thighs, back, breast, ect. I usually have 3-4 boils at a time and thats a better day, sometimes I have more. I doubt you have H.S. since you only have 1. My boils leave really ugly scars. I use tea tree oil to help them come to a head. Then I put an antibiotic cream on it. This seems to work. I'm not saying you have HS I'm just letting you know what I put on my boils to help come to a head.
    Good Luck, hope it works for you.
    Becky

Closed Thread