It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• worried please answer

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-16-2001, 09:19 PM   #1
    personnamedd

personnamedd HB User
    Unhappy worried please answer

ok im 16 yeh i know thats young for this stuff but just concerned thats all, and im on this message board as well as others because going to the parents is uncomfortable now if u have a purplish lump on the right side under the armpit and it hurts when u touch it and its also a circle like thing what is that? theres also other tiny red ones that dont feel like anything and also do not hurt and theres not alot.. on the other side its basically in the same area same color but does not feel like that 1 lump on the other side it just looks like it...wondering if this would be anything to get all upset about?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2001, 08:06 AM   #2
    mangocheesecake

mangocheesecake HB User
    Honey I am no expert on breast cancer as you can see from scrolling down I just wrote a similar question myself but I would say you REALLY REALLY have to go to a doctor right away!!!! Everyone knows that one lump in the breast can be deadly serious, and from what you said it sounds like you have many!!!

GO TO A DOCTOR!!

Old 10-17-2001, 08:13 AM   #3
    mangocheesecake

mangocheesecake HB User
    P.s. Sorry I think the underarm is considered a danger spot for breast cancer because all the breast exams I have gotten they always check there. I should have mentioned that. It may also be cysts that are harmless but I think even they can turn cancerous over a certain amount of time. Take care.

Old 10-17-2001, 11:45 AM   #4
    siouxzee

siouxzee HB User
    Altho a lump or mass under your arm can be a sign of breast cancer, if you are getting similar problems on boths sides, under your arms (I think this is what you're saying) the chances that it's breast cancer diminish significantly. Also, no person 16 has ever died of breast cancer since they've been keeping statistics (1973).

Does this sound like what you have?
    Hidradenitis suppurativa: This is an illness in which there are multiple abscesses that form under the arm pits or in the groin area, caused by blockage of the hair follicles on areas of the body where apocrine sweat glands occur.
    It is also refered to as Acne inversa. They kind of look and feel like a big pimple that won't come to a head. Eventually they do come to a head and drain, if not then a doctor may drain them for you. You can get many at a time or one at a time. They can get really big and painful or can be really small. You can continue to get them all your life or it can go into spontanious remission.

In any case you need to see a doctor about it. I know you may be kind of shy and scared to see a doctor. But you're a woman now and woman have to do these embarrassing things all our lives to keep us healthy. It's not nearly as bad as you are imagining. Now go tell your mom and get your fanny to the doctor. Good Luck

Old 12-09-2001, 06:11 PM   #5
    justrealized2

justrealized2 HB User
    Unhappy

I have a similar problem. I'm also worried. I have a lump under my arm that has been hurtong on and off for the last few years. I do have a problem with my sweat glands, mainly under my arms and have been a new kind of deodorant, a stronger kind to control it and it seems like its hurting a little more now. I'd like to think it may be a situation like the last comment mentioned but I am still very worried it could be something worse and am also terribly scared to see a doctor. If anyone has any more information on this, please let me know. I would like ot hear all advice.
    Thanks.

Old 12-10-2001, 06:28 AM   #6
    peachygrlRN

peachygrlRN HB User
    The chance of a 16 year old having cancer is extremely RARE. If you have a lump under your arm, especially since it is discolored, then it sounds more like a bruise or an abcess. Have you had any trauma, infection or clogged pores in this area?

Your best bet is to see a doctor for a correct diagnosis, but breast cancer should be the furthest from your mind. Most breast cancer is diagnosed in women over the age of 50.

------------------
    peachygrlRN

Closed Thread