It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• ugh!!!!!! (cont.)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-18-2002, 10:40 AM   #46
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Hi Diana, How are you? How has the weather been treating you? It's been great here. High 60's - low 70's. during the day and high 50's - low 60's at night.
    We are going to get another front coming through sometime tomorrow night. It will be getting a little cooler then.
    Theres a state park where I live, Every year we take my kids to go see the deer, We tell them that they are santas reindeer and that he takes them there to eat and run around before they go deliver all the toys. They get so excited, and to see their eyes light up every time they see one is so wonderful. After we ride around in the park we take them to neighborhoods to look at all the lights. They look forward to this every year. Of course my husband and I enjoy it too. We finally bought a spot light where we'll be able to see the deer better, at night it's so hard to see them. The park people let us go in free, because they think it's so sweet that we do that.

Well I'll let you go, talk to you soon. In case I don't talk to you before Christmas, Have Merry Christmas. Becky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2002, 05:48 AM   #47
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
    Hey, Becky, You guys all have a Merry
    Christmas too!!!!

You were talking about the boils and staff infections in the prior post. Well I'll tell you, that tea tree oil is great for keeping your boils germ free, and it helps speed up the healing too. Just make sure to apply a drop full strengh on the inside of your elbow to check for allergic reactions, it should react within a few minutes if you can't tolerate it. This stuff is great(!!!!!!)for boils, I'm using it on my daughter warts she seems to be harvesting on her feet!! I didn't realize they had spread like they had till the other night. Last night I had her soak her feet in warm apple cider vinegar for 30 min. then we filed them with a pumice, then dabbed on the tea tree oil, and covered them up with a cotton sock, this morning they look soooo much better, she couldn't beleive it!! I'll be keeping a much closer watch on those toes from now on.

I'm busy wrapping gifts and I'm painting a snowman on a spare storm window I have here, I'm going to give it to my sister for a christmas decoration, she collects snowmen. She's going to freak, It's quite large. She'll be able to hang it anywhere, I'll be putting eye hooks at the top.

Glad to hear your hubby got a good job, I'll write a little sooner next time, hope this post goes through. Bye for now, Diana

Old 12-21-2002, 06:46 PM   #48
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Cool

Hi Diana, I found the tea tree oil in wal mart the other day. I'm going to start using it. I was so excited when I found it.
    I'll let you know how it works for me.

We took my kids to see the reindeer last night. You usually have to pay 2-3 dollars to get in unless your camping it's 12 dollars a day. They think it's so cute that we take the kids to see santas deer, that they always let us in free. I guess we are the only ones that do that. Tonight, we took them to some neighborhoods to see the lights, we didn't get to for long because my car has been over heating.
    My dryer stopped working, we have to try to figure out whats wrong with it. Can't live without a dryer.

I would love to live in some of these neighborhoods we went to see tonight. Everyone had their houses decorated really nice, the way I want my house to look.
    I can't really decorate my house to much because of my neighbors.

Well I'll let you go, I'll talk to you soon. Becky

Old 12-31-2002, 02:06 PM   #49
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hey Becky, How was your holiday, Hope you have a good new year! We bought a computer after X-mas, I'm having a heck of time navagating this thing. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif
    Hopefully I can figure out how to do something soon. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/grad.gif Just have to be here more I guess.

I'm glad to hear you found the tea tree oil, it works great on zits by the way.lol. Just use a Qtip to apply full strength. Dot it on a couple times a day, works good!!

Last time I told you I put my back out and was going in to get it fixed was 12/12 well, it's out AGAIN!! What's a girl to do? I just hate going sometimes, it seems like it takes forever to get in, then I always have to wait, I'm always on time, but he's always running behind. He's very good and takes time with each client, so that's the price I pay for going to a good chiropractor I guess.

We are suppose to go to my friends house for new years eve tonight, but I didn't sleep a wink last night, so I finally got sick of laying in bed and not sleeping, so I decided to program the scanner into the computer that we got our daughter for xmas. Haven't figured all that out yet either, but did do a sample photo of the wedding, turned out very nice!
    I'm not too sure we will be going anyplace tonight, sure don't feel up to it either~! We'll see I guess. My husband wouldn't mind not going either.lol.

The snowman I did for my sister turned out really good, she loved it, she hung it in her front porch with lights around it so it shows up good through the glass. Cute!

It is much colder now, it's been about 0 degrees the last couple of nights, not bad for this time of year though. Were usually looking at 40below. So we will take this kind of weather!

My hormones are still on the fritz, I'm slowly starting back with the cream I take, I guess it got built up in my system. Live and learn. So now I know that could happen and what to watch for. The hotflashies are still happening but not as bad as they were.

Old 12-31-2002, 02:18 PM   #50
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Becky, we just got a new computer, and I'd just written you a nice long post, well I lost the whole thing~!!! That is so maddening!!! Just wanted to let you know the itching is better, I'm still adjusting the hormone cream though. I'm glad to hear you found the tea tree oil, works good for zits too! Don't we all get those once in a while? I just dab it on a couple times a day. Works great! We are suppose to go to my girlfriends new years eve party tonight, I didn't sleep at all last night, so I'm pretty wiped out today, plus my shoulder is out again, that doesn't help when I need to sleep either. So we might back out of that. Not sure yet though, maybe go for a little while but not till midnight.

I hope you all have a Happy New Year, and that you had a good Christmas too. Did you make any plans(?)for new years eve? Our daughter is spending the night with some friends of hers. So we can do whatever, and of course NOW I don't feel like it, wouldn't you know it....

Let me know how your boils are doing with the tea tree oil. OK? Have a good year. Diana...PS. I just saw my last post, it did go through after all! hmmm.
    I guess I need a few more lessons on this thing to figure it all out

[This message has been edited by drs (edited 12-31-2002).]

Old 01-01-2003, 03:05 PM   #51
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Smile

Hi Diana, Nice to hear from you again. Sorry to hear about your back. Thats got to be so hard.
    I finally got the tea tree oil, so far it's been doing great. I put it on my boils and they help right away and I also pour some in my hands and put it all over my face. My face is looking better too. Maybe this is my cure!!! Wouldn't that be nice.
    We had a great New Years, we stayed at home and barbequed some hamburgers and watched the fireworks in the sky. Some people that live about 2 or 3 streets down were doing some and you could see it from our house. Demon neighbors were doing some too, but all you really heard there were curse words coming from the kids' mouths. They are nasty neighbors.
    We still can't afford to move yet so thats been put on hold for the time being. Hopefully by this time next year, We'll be celebrating in our new house in our new neighborhood.
    Christmas was nice too. We spent it at my parents, then adopted another husky from a friend of mine.
    She's a black and white husky and has crystal blue eyes. She's beautiful and a very loving dog She has been from house to house, my friend rescued her from a shelter that was putting her to sleep that day. My friend wasn't able to keep her so here we are. I'm glad though, she's so perfect. Her name is Dutchess and she's 7 years old, and so calm and laid back. She is the only one I can walk without being pulled everywhere.
    We'll I'm going to let you go, I really need to bathe Dutchess, She got loose when my friend had her and decided to play in the woods. She's in heat, so I'm going to make an appointment to have her spayed. Talk to you soon. Becky

Old 01-11-2003, 06:30 AM   #52
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Becky, I'm so glad you decided to try the tea tree oil, just remember if you are using it on your face, it is very drying, so use a good moisterizer after it dry's. When I was young we had a german shepard named Dutches. She was a nice dog too, scared of storms though. The dog we have now isn't scared of anything. Yesterday I went to the mail box with our dog, and I was jogging on the way back, (our diveway is about 600ft long) the dog cut sharp in front of me and stopped, well I fell flat on my face!!! I had on a slippery type of material coat and pants, I must of slid for 10ft!!!! Hurt my elbow, and both sholders are sore today. I had just gone to my chiropracter too!! Dang, now I'll need to go back again next week.
    I was sick on new years eve. Must of had some flu bug, that is going around right now. I've been messing around on the computer trying to figure everything out, I've got the scanning pictures and emailing them out task figured out pretty good. Sure is nice having this instead of just webtv!!!! What an improvement! Well I have to run, my daughter has a basket ball tourn. today, and I have to leave in a half hour, do my face, and start the van. It's much colder out these days. The windchill yesterday was 25 below, so I have to make sure the van is warm before venturing out. I'm just thrilled about the tea tree oil working for you. I bought a really good book on the diff. uses, and now I can't find it. I'll have to do some more snooping. Take care, Diana

Old 01-11-2003, 11:40 AM   #53
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Hi Diana, It's nice to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear you fell down, I hope you feel better today.

My kids have been sick too. My oldest daughter has 2 ear infections, she is on major antibiotics. I can't believe she wasn't complaining as much as she should have. I get ear infections everytime my ears get wet so I know she was in pain.

I have been fighting this boil I have on the back of my thigh, It has been hurting like crazy. I can't hardly walk. My poor husband has been working then coming home to cooking, such a great guy isn't he?

I noticed this week my face is really dry and actually looks worse now. At first I thought it was helping but now my face is more broken out than before. I've been putting tto in my bath water to help my boils that I have right now because I can't reach them, I even have one on my back. When I'm in the tub with it, my legs and arms keep getting these red lumps but then goes away a short time later and my body starts burning and at the same time feels cold.
    Is that supose to happen? It just started doing that a week ago. My husband says I might be using to much.

I hope your daughters team wins, good luck.
    It must be freezing there!!!!! Here the highs today are in the 40's and the lows here are in the low 30's.
    To me, that is freezing!!!!!
    It hasn't been raining much here, thank goodness.
    Finally we get to dry up.

I think Duchess has finally warmed up here, she is starting to eat more and is coming out of her shell. You can tell she has been abused, I think she knows we aren't going to hurt her. She follows me all over the house. We also take her places with us alot. She loves going for rides. When I have my other dog Melody in here, Duchess will stand between us so I can't pet Melody. I have to seperate them to give Melody attention. Luckily we have Nunook so Melody isn't that worried about me anyway. She has her buddy with her.
    Well I'll let you go, I hope everything is ok with you shoulders and face. Keep me updated with you progress. Becky

Closed Thread