It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• ugh!!!!!! (cont.)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-28-2002, 07:46 PM   #1
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Wink ugh!!!!!! (cont.)

Hi Diana, My sister and I are going to the doctor tomorrow. I will let you know how everything goes.

We got another letter from the school today about mosquitoes and wnv. The letter asked if we ever see really small back and white mosquitoes, which are the only ones I see around my house, They said to watch for them because they might be one type of the wnv carriers. They also warn you about deet and what to do with water containers. I'm so glad that the schools are taking this seriously.

I confronted my demon neighbors!!!!!! Big mistake!!
    I didn't raise my voice or anything, just real nicely asked them to keep their kids out of my yard but I said it descreetly(msp) The mother and father got in my face and started yelling at me, saying they were outside every minute of the day and their kids did not leave their yard and that maybe I should check out my resourses. I know my good neighbor and the one across the street would not lie. The mother said only 2 of the boys were at their house that day and the other kids aren't her responsibility and those kids aren't allowed at their house. Well yesterday and today all the kids who were there sunday were there again. All those kids were in their yard today. I know she is lying. They were yelling and saying all this stuff in front of their kids. As I was walking off, I heard one of their girls saying, " my mom doesn't believe her, we won't get in trouble." Now those kids think they can do what ever they want because the parents will always believe them. If it were the other way around, Even if I know my kids were right, I would say in a calm nice way, do not go in the neighbors yard, in front of her so she would know I'm at least trying to be neighborly. They kept trying to get me to say who told me about their kids and I told them I have my resourses and it didn't matter who told me. I walked to a ladys house down the street to ask a question about some kittens we found and the kids were following me to see where I was going. I'm getting 2 little camera videoes, one for the side of my house that they live on because my electric box is there and one under my carport. I wish I could catch them in a lie. an hour later the father comes over and asked my husband to take a look at his aunts house to see how much he would charge to cut grass her grass and my hubby said all the guy would talk about was his kids didn't do it and I was out of control and obnoxious(msp) Any way I thought that was so funny since I'm the only one who didn't raise my voice.

Anyway enough about that, I get so upset thinking about the whole situation, Guess what else happened???
    My husband and I found 4 kittens under our carport yesterday. The mother was with them and she is very wild. The kittens were too. It took us 4 housr to catch them. They went under our deck in the back yard.
    We ended up catching them and letting them go in a better place where they wouldn't get hit or anybody would kill them. I was going to take them to the shelter but they would probably would have put them all to sleep since they were so wild and I don't think they were ready to be away from the mom.

Well I'm going to bed. Talk to you tomorrow and let you know how the doctor visit went. Becky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2002, 08:24 PM   #2
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
    Hey, I found you here, great!!! I did post back to you on the other one. Good for you getting those camera's, she sounds like a real liar. Her kids are going to end up just like her too.

Good thing the schools are being careful, they should too. Little black and white ones huh? I heard once that they act funny too, like they hide in closets or clothes hanging, or behind stuff, and act like their really slow, have you ever heard that? It's awful to think we are going to have to put up with this stuff every summer!!!! You even have a longer summer season to deal with. You never did tell me how your husband ended up attaching that net over the kids bed?

I hope your sister doesn't back out on you again, let me know how the thyroid check goes for you, make sure you tell the doctor you want those numbers!!!! OK? Later, Diana

Old 08-29-2002, 08:36 AM   #3
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hey, I had a few minutes this morning and thought I would add on to my post.
    Have you heard of anymore people getting wnv? Now the big concern around here is brain wasteing disease in deer, soon it will be deer hunting season, they haven't found any in our area yet but, it in wisconsin, and south dakota, neighboring states. And they said they are not sure if it would affect humans or not!!!! Oh, yeah, who would like to try it out and see? Not me....It's kind of like mad cow disease, I Think. Can you imagine, eating that an having it happen to you, I think not!!!!! Deer hunting is big buisness where we live, my husband cuts up deer for people, now, they will need a portion of the brain, the DNR is suppose to test alot of them this year. I hope it goes well.

My son is suppose to be home today, he did really well on his testing in Shreveport 2 wrong out of 18 tests. Not bad!!! He did the best out of all the people taking the tests. And they said he was ADD. He showed them huh?
    He's got a puppy that he'll be bringing with him, it's four months old, springer spaniel, the kind with the liver spots. He's a very smart puppy, loads of energy though, our dog and his get along very well together, thank goodness. I suppose I'll need to make some beef stoganoff(Spell?) that's his favorite.

My key board is not working right, it doesn't want to type out the letters unless I go really slow. It's driving me batty!!!!If I take breaks it seems to work better for a little while. I don't get it!!! I thought maybe it was the batteries in the key board but sometimes it works fine till I'm typing for a while. Webtv is what I have.

The kids start school here on tuesday, for labor day weekend it's suppose to rain all weekend, great huh? My son and daughter were hoping to go golfing. I don't know if the weather will hold out much longer.

So when you finally move are you going to take those cameras with you or are you going to leave them?

I've also been talking to a girl named annie13 in urology, she's had some bad luck with surgery...I can identify with her. She doesn't care much for her neighbors either.lol.
    She said their idea of a healthy walk is with a beer in their hands. LOL
    I guess they drink alot. Her and her mother are going to try the watercure diet I'm doing.

There was an updated posted from water cure that I get, a man had lost 300lbs doing it. wow. huh? Can you imagine him drinking 1/2 his body weight in oz's of water when he started!!!! That's alot of water. But it does work. Of course excersise is a must too, even just walking.

I hope your appoitment goes well today. Talk to you later, Diana

Old 09-02-2002, 04:53 PM   #4
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Hi Diana, I'm checking to see if I can post on here or not. I haven't been able to post the last few days. Talk to you in a bit. Becky

Old 09-02-2002, 05:07 PM   #5
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Talking

O.K. I'm back. I wanted to make sure I could post before I wrote a page again. I wrote you twice but it didn't post.

206 people have wnv here but the news says things are looking a little better. More people have gotten it, but no more deaths have been reported since the middle of last month.

I bet your worried about the brain disease in deer. Have you heard anything else on it?

I'm so happy about your son passing his test, I bet you are so proud of him huh?

My sister and I went to the clinic twice and both times they said we have to come back a different day because the lady gave us the wrong day again. So we talked to another person and he told us to come back this friday and he'll make sure we are seen. I'm just worried she'll change her mind and not go.

It is a gloomy day today. It rained off and on all day and tomorrow is suposed to be the same. I wanted to take my dogs to the lakefront tomorrow. I guess we'll see.

Doesn't your daughter start school tomorrow? I bet she can't wait. I hope she has a fun day.

Well I'll let you go for now, talk to you soon. Becky

Old 09-02-2002, 08:02 PM   #6
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Becky, the cronic wasting disease was found about an hour from where we live!!! A dead baby elk was found on an elk farm, so now they will need to be testing the deer in the surrounding area. It is not known yet if it affects humans. I wouldn't want to chance it, how about you!!!????

Did you hear about that lady in Georgia, she died in an accident and was a donor. Her organs went to 4 diff. people before they found out she had the westnile virus!!! Can you believe that? I didn't hear what all happened to those people though, I can imagine how run down they were already if they were on an organ donation list. How awful.

Are you getting any of that Dolly storm? I think they were talking about it being in Georgia, but it's still the same coast so I was just wondering.
    Yes my daughter is excited to start school, and guess what, I'll have the house to myself, not that I don't enjoy her company, I do, but some time to myself will be a nice change. My son was home for the labor day weekend, he brought his puppy, the pup is getting so big, he's cute and smart too. Yes we are proud of him. He leaves for Guam in Dec. so he will miss christmas with us again for the third year in a row. He's excited to go though. Me I'd be a big chicken to go anywhere out of the country these days.

If you are unsure if your posts are going to go through, just write testing and submit your reply, then if it works, click on edit and finish the post. It really works good, and you'll always have your post go through with out reposting
    Talk to you later,Diana

[This message has been edited by drs (edited 09-02-2002).]

Old 09-03-2002, 05:43 PM   #7
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Cool

Hi Diana, I would be scared to death if we had to worry about the chronic brain disease. I hope they find out it doesn't affect humans.

I know how you feel, I love my children but I sure enjoy the peace and quiet sometimes. How was your daughters first day of school? Great I hope.

I don't think we'll be getting any of Dolly but there is some tropical system in the gulf that is causing some rain, not a whole lot though.

I love watching my dogs and cats play. They play together!!! And they say cats and dogs never get along.

Who keeps your sons puppy when he leaves town? or do they let him take him along? I bet he's precious. What did he name him or her? I can't remember if you told me it was a male or female.

My kitten is getting fatter and bigger, We named him Timon off the lion king. He doesn't get along with my dogs yet.

I'm going to the doctor Friday. I'm still fighting this cold, It is either a bad cold or a mild flu. It's a little worse than a regular cold but not as bad as the flu. I don't think I'm getting better because of all the stress with the neighbors.

Hopefully it will end soon. I'm tired of feeling worn down.

Well I'll let you go, talk to you soon. Becky

Old 09-04-2002, 05:00 AM   #8
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Becky, my sons dogs name is Big shooter, we just call him, shooter. And he is very cute. My cat didn't care for him too much though. When my son has to go somewhere, he has someone who takes good care of him, his landlord or his girlfriend.

I wonder if your not getting rid of your cold because of the thyroid imbalance, when the thyroid isn't working right, it can add more stress, and stress dehydrates the system, drink plenty of water. Have you ever tried an iodine supplement? Maybe right now it won't be needed since you are going to get it checked out. Hope that goes well.

I wrote a post in the hepatitis board, about the facts of mineral sea salt, maybe you could check that out? The post is called 'living w/out treatment...cherish. Cherish was the original poster. I posted twice about the water and salt.

I caught some cold too, everyone is getting it right now, yuck, I had one this spring, I was just starting the salt w/the water then, I think it really helps keep the sinus's draining instead of plugging up like they used to. If my chest gets congested, I'll do a steam bowl of tea tree oil, that's suppose to help. With the thyroid med.s I can't take any anti-hystamine Products. Just a few drops in a steaming bowl, with a towel over the head. I HATE COLDS!!
    So far I've coughed my upper back out, which goes out easily anyway, scoliosis(sp?) doesn't help either. I've had that since I was little. Lifting too heavy of stuff, when I was young. I don't let that stop me though. lol.

It was nice to have the house to myself yesterday, I did lots of cleaning with out having to stop and pay attention to anyone else.
    Today I do have some running to do. I hate going into town if I don't have to. We live about four miles out of town.

I wrote an e-mail to some people that should know about the chronic wasting disease, I hope they know anyway. I'll let you know what I find out.

I made a big boo boo, and almost got banned from this board, I was suspended for a couple of days, it would of been a bummer if I didn't get to come back on and say good bye at least. You would of really wondered what the heck happened to me. I'll be much more carefull not to have that happen. They're giving me one last chance. Thank goodness.

The morning glories are really blooming right now. I planted a package that my daughter got from someone. I put up some lattis on the the side of the shed. The vines have climbed all the way to the top and then some. They are a really pretty shade of blue. Each flower only lasts one day, then dies, then a new batch of blooms come the next day. It's pretty cool. Today there is 8 blooming. Yesterday there was only 4.

It's finally cooled off some again, it was pretty humid for awhile. I like it dryer.

My daughter likes school. It's long days for her, she's in volleyball right after school. She said her first day was good. She will be in basketball, and golfing later in the year. I have to watch that she doesn't get run down though, that's how she ended up with shingles last spring. That was awful. Have you ever had to deal with that? If I had known about the tea/tree oil then, I would of used that. Now I know though, so I'll be prepared, hopefully she won't get them back again.

How is the house preparations going, are you getting anything done yet? I know you are anxious to move away from that neighborhood. I would be too. Lucky for us, every time we have moved the neighborhood went down hill after we left, and not before.

We moved my mom to her own apartment last Oct.1st, I can't believe it's been almost a year now. She lived here with us for three years. She had some major health issues almost the whole time she was here, she doing better now though. So are we. It put alot of strain on the us to have her here, but I'm glad I did it, it was time to move her out though. It was very getting so hard not to have any privacy with our own family. And She has alot of aches and pains, a person can get awfully grumpy when they hurt all the time like that. My older sister told me, It's time to find her a place or I won't be married much longer. My husband had had enough thats for sure. He did not like my mom telling our daughter what to do, and not do. And sometimes she wasn't too nice about it. My daughter is very sensitive, she takes things to heart, I told my mom...'you can tell her nicely and she will listen, she goes...oh, I know that!!...Well that worked for awhile, but she'd be back to being grumpy again. This way she has her own space, and I go and visit, and bring her what she needs a couple times a week. Much better for all of us, I was the peace keeper, that's a hard place to be. Next monday I'm taking her in for cataract surgery, then I have to bring her back the next day for a post op check, then one week later she has to see her opthomologist(sp?)and he'll determine if she's ok to schedule the other eye. So that'll be nice when she can see better again. She likes to read, and with her eyes like this it's been awfully hard to see the words.

Well I'd better make sure my daughter eats before school. Otherwise she won't. Talk to ya later, Diana

Old 09-05-2002, 02:11 PM   #9
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Cool

Hi Diana, How are you. I hope you get better. I hate being sick, but no matter how sick I get, It can't keep me down. I had a pain in my stomach and back for 5 years and went to the E.R. because the pain had gotten so bad, I couldn't take it any more. When the Dr. took an ultra sound he found gallstones so he removed my gallbladder the next morning and told my mom it was the worst gallbladder he had ever seen. He told my mom that I had over 100 gallstones. He said I had gallstones for at least 3 years. He said I'm lucky I didn't get as sick as I did. He also said I should have been in more pain than what I was feeling.

I am pretty lucky, I really never been sick. I've gotten sick more lately since I've gotten older.

I never had shingles but my grandmother gets them all the time. I see how much pain she goes through. That has to be awful.

My grandmother lives with my mom, They just turned their garage into her own apartment. It works better that way. She has her own bathroom with a shower and kitchen and livingroom. My grandmother loves it.

My poor mom gets so worn out with my grandmother. She has to take her everywhere. She has dr. appointments 3 days a week. I love my grandmother to death and so does my mom, But my mom said it's almost like having another child. My dad gets a little aggrevated by her sometimes but he doesn't say anything to her, He realizes he might be like that one day.

We are watching this system in the gulf by Texas, We might be getting some rain from that and theres also another system in the gulf by florida that we have to watch later in the week. We are right between both systems.

Tomorrow my sister and I go to the clinic, I'll let you know how it goes.

Well I'll let you go, Talk to you soon. Becky

------------------

Old 09-05-2002, 09:27 PM   #10
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Wink

Hi Diana, I forgot to ask you a question. Can you get a cream or lotion with tea tree oil? Since I've been using a body wash with tea tree oil, my face has been looking so much better. When I go to the dr. tomorrow, I'll ask the dr. if he can prescribe me something for boils and acne.

Thats nice that he has someone to keep his puppy while he's away. My nice neighbor takes care of my animals when we are away. I take care of her dog and chickens and ducks if they go away. It's nice to have a neighbor that you can trust.

I hope we can finally see the dr. tomorrow, I'm worried they might give us the run around again.

Old 09-06-2002, 06:15 AM   #11
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Becky, it's much more economical if you make your own tea/tree oil mixes, just get a bottle of 100% pure oil.

Use a cotton swab, but ~don't redip~ the same end into the bottle. Use one end and then the other, this will keep the rest of the oil from contamination.

For boils and acne my book recommends: full strength oil directly on the infected area, a few drops 3x a day for the Boils,

and

three drops twice daily for the acne directly and or, if you have alot of acne, you can mix 1oz of tea tree oil with 10oz of water, or witch hazel, or rose water, make sure the container you mix it in is glass, not plastic, store in a cool dark place. You can also add oil to your facewash, it recommends using tea tree oil soaps and creams along with this. Make sure you use a moisterizer too. This can be somewhat drying.

I've been using a few drops in a steamer, for congestion, I got some kind of influenza thing that's going around. I always buy those hair setters with the little steamers at garage sales, just for the extra culers, well I don't need all the steamers, I have 3 now, so it works great to put some of this oil in there and put a straw garden hat on with a towel over the top, making sure I get some air too. This way I don't have to hold the towel up.

I always find something that works easier.lol. Not lazy just inventive.

Hey, this oil works good for those bug bites too. Remember to do a test spot on the inside of the arm, one drop, and wait a few minutes is all. You know if you or anyone else is allergic with this test.

I hope you finally get to see someone today, if not I'd make a fuss with the administrator. Maybe that will get you somewhere. They can't keep telling you that you have an appointment, then telling you diff. when you show up!!!! That's BS!!! Sometimes you have to be assertive for your own health, just like you would if it was your child who was sick. And you know you would make more noise if it was your child rather than you that needed to see the doctor.

If you feel better than you are doing it for your family too. Right...????!!!!! You remind me of my girlfriend, she's sometimes doesn't fight when it's about her, but don't mess with her kids.lol.

Take care, let me know how it goes. Diana

Old 09-07-2002, 06:59 PM   #12
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Talking

Hi Diana,

Thanks for the tips, This bodywash that I have has been working wonders. I want to try that oil mix.

We've been having alot of rain here. Tomorrow is another high chance of rain. I think tomorrow is the last day of rain we'll get from these storms in the gulf.

I went to the clinic yesterday, And guess what???? They changed the hours and times again. My sister and I gave up!!!!!! We are going to another doctor, maybe this will know what he's talking about.

I really hate it when they tell you one thing and then do another. Don't you???

Well my demon neighbors were fighting today, this time it wasn't with us, but fighting with each other!!! Go figure!!!

The news said 222 people in Louisiana have wnv and another person died but it isn't getting worse. I wonder how that is? I guess maybe it isn't getting worse but it doesn't sound like it's getting any better either.

Have you heard anymore on the brain disease? Let me know how that is going.

We went to my husband's friends daughter's birthday party today and tomorrow we'll be going to my cousins birthday. Pretty busy weekend.

Well I'm going to go, I'll talk to you later!!!!
    Becky

Old 09-11-2002, 09:09 AM   #13
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hey, Becky....
    Today is the day ground zero memorials have been on TV...Alot of people lost their lives there. It's so sad. With our son in the service it makes it all the more close to home for us. I can't believe it's already been a year..

I've been busy the last couple of days, my mom had eye surgery, it was an outpatient thing, then the post op appointment was yesterday, she's doing well. I'm tired though.hahaha

My daughter had an extra credit report to do in one of her classes. It was on current events. She did hers on chronic wasting disease. I bet alot of kids will be doing one on the West nile virus. They've started hunting the deer in that town I told you about. What a bummer, we aren't suppose to feed the deer anymore either, they figure that's how it's spread, through the sharing of food givin by people, and the salt licks that are put out for them.

How is the house repairs going, are you packing anything yet? It must be awful living next door to that screaming bunch.

My girlfriend with the icky neighbor, said that the fishing line has been disturbed, someone got tangled in it. They haven't been able to catch him yet though. Now her kids are in school and are busy with homework, so hanging out and watching for this creep is pretty tough to do now.

I hope you get a doctors appointment soon!! How frustrating!!! Have you called any other places yet? To see if you can get in? Hope you see someone pretty soon. Don't you have a regular doctor? Mine just moved out of the area. Now I have to start looking again!! Every year it seems I'm looking for a new doc. I wish I could find one that would stay put.

Well I better get going, I have to work at a festival this weekend, so I'd better get something done around here. Talk to you soon. Diana

Old 09-12-2002, 06:27 PM   #14
    hollygirl05
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hollygirl05 HB User
    Smile

Hi Diana, I can't believe it's been a year either. It is very sad, I watched the news about it all day for months. I knew nothing would happen here, but I was afraid to send my kids to school. They did go anyway. My mom and I went to a memorial in our city.

I'm glad your mother is doing good after her surgery. I bet she feels alot better. My grandmother had sugery on her eyes in 1996 two days before my fathers accident. I had to run her to the eye doctor for a check up then had to run to the hospital to sign papers for his surgery. My dads porche went under an 18 wheeler which made his car a convertible. That was really scary too. But since my grandmothers eye surgery, she has been doing alot better. My father also survived his accident. Looking at him now, you would have never known he was in a bad accident. My mom was out of town at the time.

I'm sure your daughter will get an "A+" for her report. So they think the disease has to do with people feeding deer? I would be worried about eating deer right now.

We are still looking for a house and still doing some repairs but mainly adding more things to it to get more money for it.

I wish your friend could catch that creep, Did they try putting a little hidden camera up? I know they have really small cameras, where people can't see them.
    Let me know how that goes, I really wish she could get him.

That has to be frustrating to have to keep getting new doctors. You finally get used to your doctor and then your seeing a new one.

Well I'm going to bed now, Finally going to bed early for a change!! I'll talk to you soon. Becky

Old 09-15-2002, 07:36 PM   #15
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I cut copied and pasted this message last night because the boards were too busy to accept the post. Now I come on here this morning and find that it was posted. I don't get it???? So I erased this post, and added on to the other one. Diana

[This message has been edited by drs (edited 09-16-2002).]

Closed Thread