It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• 28yr old Female w/painful lump under arm

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
    jbeg28
    (female)

jbeg28 HB User
    28yr old Female w/painful lump under arm

I have had a lump under my arm for the past week now. I was going to schedule a dr's appt but then it started to go down...well now its the size of a golf ball and now only that but Im feeling sick (not sure if its related). I've been running a low grade fever for 2 days now and my throat feels like I swallowed a handful on sand. I am a single mother of 3 so my finances are tight right now...anyone have any advice other then the obvious?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
    harka
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User
    Re: 28yr old Female w/painful lump under arm

It may be a reactive lymph node (it's very hard to tell these things obviously only by a description). It may be something called "hidradenitis suppurativa" which is essentially the blockage of a sweat gland that can accumulate the skin's secretions and become large and inflamed. Running hot water in the shower over it or putting a hot compress on it can often open up the ducts and let it drain. Of course, the other thing it could be is a furuncle/carbuncle (large boil) from a Staphylococcus aureus infection.

You should try the former, and if it doesn't work, seek medical attention sooner rather than later.

Closed Thread