It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• autoimmune or something more?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
    missmeee
    (female)

missmeee HB User
    Red face autoimmune or something more?

I'm a healthy 23 year old but for the past 4 months I've been getting random fevers, pain in my bones and joints, blood spots called petechiae, unexplained bruising, abdominal pain and headaches. The symptoms come and go. Got some blood work and the only thing that my Dr noticed was a slightly elevated wbc. More tests next week. Should I be concerned? I think it could be rheumatoid arthiritis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: autoimmune or something more?

It is good you are having more tests done. Those tests should include a variety of antibodies related to autoimmune disorders and tests for increased inflammation. Your family history, especially of any autoimmune disorders, should be relayed to your Dr., and any signs of possible infection or previous known strep throat or mono. Early in autoimmune disease, symptoms are often present and blood tests can be negative or inconclusive. If you don't get some answers with this batch of tests, I would ask for a referral to a rheumatologist, who can look in more depth and follow you for repeat testing when your symptoms flare up. I would be concerned enough to follow through on this, and don't let anyone just dismiss your symptoms. You need to get to the bottom of it, but that realistically could take awhile, if initial testing doesn't show much. I would ask your Dr's office to give you a copy of all your test results for future reference and comparison.

Closed Thread

Tags
    autoimmune dieases, blood disorders, rheumatoid arthritis