It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• Odd symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-16-2014, 08:57 AM   #46
    Wondering189
    (female)

Wondering189 HB User
    Re: Odd symptoms

Hi checkers!

So get this... An hour before my appointment they cancel on me because my blood test results weren't in! Luckily I did not leave the house because it is quite a drive there. So I have the appointment rescheduled for this coming Tuesday again. My tongue is just always feeling huge with my bottom teeth indentions under the tip of my tongue... It use to feel swollen a lot and now its just always big feeling it sucks because I feel like my speech is affected yet no one else seems to notice but me. My neuro still has not called to make an appointment since I've given the referral :/ so we will see what happens on Tuesday let me know what they say. Sorry this took so long to reply.. Good luck! Hope things go better for ya this apt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #47
    Wondering189
    (female)

Wondering189 HB User

I got my blood test results! I only wish I knew how to read them! Lol. Any advice or help on this?

H Pylori : positive negative
    Vitamin b12 >1000 [239-931]
    Folate >20.0 [>3.0]
    Complement c3 122 [88-165]
    Complement c4. 32 [14-44]
    HIV negative

CRP 3.7 H 0-3

CBC w/auto diff : the only thing that stood out is
    MPV 6.1 L. 7.0-11.0
    LY% 18.9 L 25-45
    ESR 14 0-20

Last edited by Wondering189; 05-16-2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Adding in results

Old 05-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #48
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

If your H pylori is positive, you have an infection in stomach that causes ulcers. It can be treated. H. Pylori should be negative. This is common and requires antibiotics and anti-ulcer meds for a short while to eradicate infection and let the irritation heal. CRP is an inflammatory marker and is elevated in many autoimmune disorders and other inflammatory conditions. Low lymphocytes are common in lupus. Is that all they tested? No thyroid tests?

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
    Wondering189 (05-17-2014)
    Old 05-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #49
    Wondering189
    (female)

Wondering189 HB User

Thanks Ladybud! And no thyroid testing.. Just the regular blood test one that I told you about a while back... I'm sure if they did one it would show something. I know I will ask my ent doc on Tuesday about Ana and thyroid since I still did not get an apt with the neuro. How do I know if the h pylori test is positive or negative? All is says is positive then negative... Do you know what the vitamin b12 and folate results are saying? Thank you again

Old 05-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #50
    Wondering189
    (female)

Wondering189 HB User

I went to my ent apt and he sai I am positive for h. Pylori and my vitamin b12 and folate are very high and that I will need to make an apt with my gp for this. He said the indentions on the tongue are normal.. And I'm still trying to get my referral to see the neurologist. How did your apt go checkers? Hope everything is going well for everyone.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #51
    checkers10
    (female)

checkers10 HB Usercheckers10 HB User

Well same old same old....all my blood work came back normal...ana...cbc with diff....ra....metabolic panel....Lymes.....Thyroid....Creatine kinase.... h Pylori and many more!! I still have a swollen mouth, burning tongue (the burning has improved with B complex) sore joints....rib and side pain...back and hip pain. Floaters in eye sight....hair loss....microscopic blood in urine without bacteria (Dr suspects kidney stones)...Ok they sent me for 9 back and rib xrays...she said they really want an mri but with my insurance I have to do xrays first, also they are doing a CT of my neck (remember I have a lump that is large on the left and has already been ultrasounded). The only thing I have been diagnosed with is Silent Reflux LPR. I still wonder about the Lyme..I own a Pet salon and have been bit by many tick and the test are very unreliable?!? When I punch in all my symptoms Lyme always comes up but who knows...Just gotta keep on keeping on lol....Im trying to not research as much because it only scares me! I was so scared I had some sort of blood cancer because I have noticed some blood dots on my legs and a few on my neck...they are hard to see but I now over analyze everything....But they said my platelets and white count look perfect now and they did in January. Sound like you may be getting somewhere

Old 05-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #52
    Wondering189
    (female)

Wondering189 HB User

Wow checkers they did the full work up! And I have those little red dot things I have 2 and only got them when I started all if this! I don't research much anymore either since it scares the crap out of me! Lol. I've just researched vitamin b12 being too high and there are so much horrible diseases that pop up :-/ how old are you checkers? I'm 26. It's so hard not to worry and freak out too..

Old 05-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #53
    checkers10
    (female)

Hey Wondering, I just turned 37....I guess I have noticed little things sense last July after a bad UTI....they had me on five rounds of antibiotics to try and radicate it only to find out I didn't really have a UTI...I sometimes wonder if all the meds didn't throw my system out of wak!! Before then I rarely seen a Doctor other them my yearly :/ I have had hip and left side pain now for about 4 years but it never lasted long so I thought it was muscle aches and pains because of the wayI lean at work....I did read that sometimes those red dots will pop up due to cortisol being released from stress which makes perfect sense!!! All of this has been sooooo stressful!! I go on the 2nd for the CT on my neck and next Wednesday to go over the xray results...I will let you know Thanks for being here....I will check on ya!

Old 05-20-2014, 09:26 PM   #54
    Wondering189
    (female)

Wondering189 HB User

You're young as well! And yes I have been stressed like crazy too! And of course I'm here for ya. And thanks for checking in on me I hope we can get to feeling better soon. Hoping you get answers from this soon. It's weird, I want to know what's wrong but I don't.. Lol night!

The following user gives a hug of support to Wondering189:
    checkers10 (05-21-2014)
    Old 05-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #55
    Wondering189
    (female)

Wondering189 HB User

I finally got a neuro apt! Though its like a month away :/ its torture! I wonder if being h pylori positive has made my b12 and folate super high? What scared me is that I read als, ms, etc patients have high b12 and folate and I'm already worried about als because of my symptoms.. What do you all think? I know it's not a diagnose me site. More support kind of site which is so awesome there could probably be many things that elevate b12 an folate right.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:56 PM   #56
    checkers10
    (female)

Oh I'm glad you got in with your Nuro!! Hey I did some research on High B12... I came across this post someone wrote "Re: B12 levels too high I can only tell you that I always have very high levels of B12 and I've never (over the many years) been told this is a problem or that I should do anything differently. I do take a B complex 2/x a week, which includes some B-12. I am always advised to just continue what I'm doing." looks like other people have had this issue I know its super scary out there!! Hey I don't know if this is allowed but do you have a **?

Old 05-29-2014, 07:11 AM   #57
    Wondering189
    (female)

Wondering189 HB User

Well I woke up again and both eyes were feeling very heavy and hard to open... This is the 3rd time this week and now on my right hand my ring and pinky finger feel somewhat odd...I don't know how to explain in but kind of a muscle ache but only my pinky finger and part of my arm but just the side where my pinky is. My middle and ring finger are very close next to each other like something is missin to space it out, almost looks as though the ring finger is slightly below it. My pinky finger is redicuously far from my ring finger.. It looks this way on both hands but worse on my right. My husband says it looks fine but I know he just doesn't want me worrying. There's no way that MG has anything to do with deforming my hands. Oh and the past two weeks my right foot has been feeling very narrow and bare at the bottom when standing or walking. I'm just getting more and more nervous as the days go by to see the neurologist.. I want to be seen yet I'm terrified of the DX. Has anyone ever felt that way? And update, I seen my gp yesterday well his partner and they redid my b12 and folate to see if it was an error, holding off on h pylori because I don't have any symptoms really! Which irritated me since I do..

Old 05-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #58
    Wondering189
    (female)

Wondering189 HB User

Interesting on b12 but my folate was high as well. Like redicuously high at 20.0 when it should be like a 3 or something like that.. And yes I have a ** but I mainly use it for posting pics of my kids for family members lol if not I'm barely on it.. Too much drama lol..

Old 05-30-2014, 06:10 PM   #59
    checkers10
    (female)

I understand....it just freaks you right out all these strange sensations coming and going and its hard to explain to the people around you! Ok I feel like my eyes are uneven lol...feels like one is gonna pop out, no pain at all but feels like some sort of muscle spam in the left eye...well not really my eye ball but the lids and brow around it...that's just one tiny thing!! There are sooooooooo many!! Yep scared of what the Doctor is going to tell me everytime I go but just more test!! Gotta run but I will let you know soon all the new test they have ordered and results...Just asked about ** so we don't lose touch

Old 05-30-2014, 09:18 PM   #60
    Wondering189
    (female)

Wondering189 HB User

I know what you mean! I tried staying in contact with people on here and they end up disappearing and makes me think something bad has happened! Lol. Sorry I didn't mean to be rude.. And speaking of eye spasm I just had one! Lol keep me updated! Hope you get some answers soon

The following user gives a hug of support to Wondering189:
    checkers10 (06-03-2014)
    Closed Thread