It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Autoimmune Disorders Message Board

• Seems to be getting easier, then ...

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-30-2014, 08:29 AM   #1
    Amanda8664
    (female)

Amanda8664 HB User
    Seems to be getting easier, then ...

bam...another flare. I was starting to have more good days than bad. But since the winter hit....not so much. I am moving to Florida---way down south. Our youngest daughter graduates 8th grade in May. We are hoping to be settled in no later than the end of July!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot handle this up and down weather any more here in Illinois. IT SUCKS.

Anyway, I am down to only Plaquenil and Naproxen for my MCTD and Fibromyalgia. Still on synthorid (will be forever since Total Thyroidectomy)My last blood work...almost 4 months ago was positive for Lupus(was in the middle of a flare). She has not changed my dx yet from MCTD to Lupus. She is giving me another round of blood work here in a few weeks. She said she will probably not change, since I am positive for other AI diseases.

One question....RASH on the lower part of my legs, kinda where the sock line is. I have tried lotions, creams, no socks, softer socks...nothing is helping it clear up. Itches so bad. Especially if I get warm. Suggestions????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2015, 06:32 AM   #2
    VeeJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
    Re: Seems to be getting easier then....

Amanda, because it could be so many things---fungal, something triggered by cold weather, something vascular, something thyroid-related, etc.---in your shoes I'd show it to my doctors pdq. I once read that there are more than 16,000 known skin conditions, which is 15,994 more than I've ever had (), so my guessing wouldn't be useful, plus my thyroid function is normal...

Re planned move to Florida, have you mentioned this to your rheumatologist? I only ask b/c if lupus is on her radar, with lupus, you'd almost certainly have to be extremely careful about sun. Unfortunately most lupus patients must avoid it because UV rays trigger flares. That said, I don't know whether this is also true for MCTD, so I'd also ask pointblank what the rules are for MCTD. Let us know how you're doing & what you find out, OK? Good luck!

Old 01-12-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
    Amanda8664
    (female)

Amanda8664 HB User
    Re: Seems to be getting easier then....

Vee,

The rash is eczema(sp) With some cream it is getting better.

I have spoken to the Rheum and told her my plans to move to Florida. She says move where you want, don't let this crap stop you She told me as long as I keep covered and not in the sun for HOURS at a time, I should be fine. I do have to limit to sun exposure, which is not a big deal. We actually vacation in FL as well as Mexico and the British Virgin Islands and I have only had one or two episodes of tingling hands. I see her again at the end of Feb. so I will make sure and double check with her

Reply Reply