It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Middle back pain in 18 year old! Help! :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2015, 12:20 AM   #1
    mattie332
    (female)

mattie332 HB User
    Unhappy Middle back pain in 18 year old! Help! :(

Recently this past winter I wasn't able to do much since I just graduated and couldn't get a job because of no transportation and chronic bronchitis. x.x
    My muscles have been tense and I've been trying to pop my back by myself like an idiot.
    I have seemed to have hurt myself in the process..

I got diagnosed with sciatica damage (from not doing anything) and I think I may have a misplaced vertebrae in my back! I need some experienced people to help! I live in East Texas and my hospital is terrible at helping people! No joke!

My middle back keeps popping and the first time I tried to go to the ER, I was stuck in the waiting room in feeling like I was going into a seizure. I popped my back twice then all of a sudden I got a HUGE head rush and it stayed for around 30 seconds and it was INTENSE! It felt hot in my ears and eyes and they were pulsing then it released and spread to my WHOLE BODY in tingles and numbness along with severe muscle spasms. Then my ears popped with air that seemed to be trapped. My chest and neck were having sharp pains, cramping and twitching. I also lost control of my bladder and bowel movements. My womanly parts seemed to get wet on their own too (you know what I mean). My arms when I would move them up and down I could feel the muscle that connects to my middle finger tingle, and be numb and I could hardly move it at all so I could sign myself into the hospital. I also felt the same but less sensations in my feet.

Ever since I've been walking and it makes it somewhat better for my lower back pain (sciatica I'm guessing) but not my upper!

My doctor a few days later told me I had sciatica, and fibromyalgia and the day I went to the hospital, that doctor told me it was mild arthritis from the CT I got (I had to fight them for it because he was refusing even though I was still having muscle spasms)

Right now as I'm typing this post I am having minor spasms in my mid back and I can feel my lower back hurting also. PLEASE HELP AND SHARE BECAUSE THIS HOSPITAL WONT HELP ME AT ALL! They think I'm lying!

I'm too young for this kind of change!
    I don't want to be scared to move my back or sleep a certain way!
    I'm just a scared 18 year old girl who just wants to get her life back!

Please ask me questions because I may have missed details!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2015, 05:43 AM   #2
    backhurtz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User
    Re: Middle back pain in 18 year old! Help! :(

First, stop popping your back and don't allow anyone else to either. Sciatica comes from irritation/impingement of the sciatic nerve in your low back, buttocks and typically runs through your leg. It does not come from your mid back.
    Your best option is to see your primary doctor and ask for a referral to a board certified spine surgeon, who can examine you, run the proper diagnostic tests and then determine what, if anything needs addressing, with physical therapy, or injections or further treatment.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:41 PM   #3
    mattie332
    (female)

mattie332 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Middle back pain in 18 year old! Help! :(

[QUOTE=backhurtz;5353419]First, stop popping your back and don't allow anyone else to either. Sciatica comes from irritation/impingement of the sciatic nerve in your low back, buttocks and typically runs through your leg. It does not come from your mid back.
    Your best option is to see your primary doctor and ask for a referral to a board certified spine surgeon, who can examine you, run the proper diagnostic tests and then determine what, if anything needs addressing, with physical therapy, or injections or further treatment.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying!
    Yeah I actually have two things in my back going at the same time, sciatica and middle back pain that runs up my body through my left arm and chest mostly and the sciatica that's running through my lower body and mostly my right leg. Right now my right foot is tingling and numb because of my posture. I'm trying my best to stay upright and walk to relieve the sciatica pain. I'm managing it but it makes me fatigued and I'm worried this will affect my life, I'm here to get answers because I'm far too poor to pay for doctors visits. I do not have Medicaid even if I'm 18. I plan to apply for SS benefits to get Medicaid so I don't have to worry about another bill again! Life is rough, and this is going to make mine much more hard to handle.

Closed Thread

Tags
    arthritis, back pain, fibromyalgia, sciatica