It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Help me better understand my MRI report

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-16-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
    Tjohnson87
    (female)

Tjohnson87 HB User
    Help me better understand my MRI report

Mr lumber spine wo contrast

Technique: T1 Sagittal and axail soon echo, Sagittal STIR, T2 Sagittal and axial fast spin echo, post contrast Sagittal and axial T1.

Findings: lumber vertebral marrow signal and intervertebral alignment are normal the conus medullaris and Cauda equina appear normal. The spinal cord terminus is at the mid L1 multilevel facet arthropathy.

Impression: minimal facet arthropathy, otherwise normal lumbar spine.

Not only do I not understand this MRI report (need help understand what the report means) , but I'm wondering how I should treat my pain/discomfort. I know my back feels tense all over and I have recurring knots that get inflamed on my shoulder blade near my spine , it varies in size the more inflamed it feels the more my back is tense and has a burning pain/stiffness sometimes depending on the size it hurts to move/extend my right arm out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2015, 11:48 AM   #2
    backhurtz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User
    Re: Help me better understand my MRI report

You have some very minimal (mild) facet arthritis in the lumbar spine, otherwise there are no other stated issues, and from the report, other than mild/minimal arthritis, a normal, healthy spine. This is actually really good news.
    Inflammation from arthritis is usually treated by anti inflammatory meds, otc anti inflammatory meds, creams and ointments, stretching and regular exercise and strengthenING are the usual courses of recommended treatments.Swimming can also be helpful, yoga, pilates, etc.

Last edited by backhurtz; 04-16-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:06 PM   #3
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Help me better understand my MRI report

Welcome to the board. You had an MRI of the lumbar spine but you state your pain is up by your shoulder and you have pain in your arm....Which sounds more like a cervical spine symptom.

Closed Thread

Tags
    back ache, back lower spine, facet arthropathy