It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Groin pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
    Mswords
    (female)

Mswords HB User
    Groin pain

I am a very active person who does everything from run, bike, swim and lift weights. Over the past year I have noticed that upon trying to straighten my legs/hips from sitting "Indian style" that I get a sharp pain in my right inner groin. It sends an intense sharp pain from my hip all the way down my leg. Also from time to time while standing if I twist in just the right way my right leg goes somewhat limp and I have to almost catch myself before falling. When doing any type of regular groin stretches prior to working out I am unable to replicate it until I attempt to close my hips back to normal. Does this sound more like a muscle issue or nerve being pinched??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2015, 03:22 AM   #2
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: Groin pain

Hi, your symptoms sound like a sciatic nerve problem which is a very common condition. There are several ways to treat this such as message therapy, accupuncture and chiropractic. The condition actually originates in the lower back and if it were me I would see a chiropractor first to get a series of back adjustments to see if it helps alleviate the pain.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:28 PM   #3
    Jetski1
    (male)

Jetski1 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Groin pain

I would go with never on this one but maybe your gp or physio would have a better idea

Closed Thread

Tags
    groin, hip, nerve pain