It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Low Back or Hip Pain?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-27-2015, 01:08 PM   #1
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User
    Question Low Back or Hip Pain?

Is there a way to tell if your pain is coming from your back or your hip? I already know I have a bunch of issues in my low back. I've had pain across my pelvic area that's usually helped somewhat by meds, and I know it was due to spine issues/compression because I've had injections that helped that pain.

However, just recently, I've developed intense pain on the left side in the pelvic/hip area which seems to be in a slightly different area that my usual pain. I do know that I had mild arthritis in my hips about 10 years ago, but haven't had any imaging done since then on my hips. I'm not sure if my hips have gotten worse, but I wouldn't doubt it.

This pain is a deep pain and seems to be more localized right where the upper thigh ends in the groin area. It feels like it's inside that area, in the front and back. I also occasionally feel pain that's deep in the same area inside my rear. It hurts when I sit, lay down, or stand in certain positions. It also hurts when I walk and put too much pressure on my left leg. The pain is making it feel as if I need to crack my hip joint. Like there's a pressure inside that needs to be released. Also, before this recent increase of pain, I've had plenty of times where I was walking, turn or spun on my left leg to change direction, and felt an awful pang of pain inside the same area. My right ankle is severely arthritic and is bone on bone, so when I walk I have to be very careful how I position my foot. If I position my foot the wrong way and step off to walk, there's a grinding type of feeling with sharp pain. Like the bones are rubbing together. This is pretty much the same feeling I get in my hip sometimes when I change direction walking.

Anyone have any thoughts if this could be pain from my hip instead of radiating from my spine? (I know I need to get imaging done again, see a doc, and all that, but just wanted to see if anyone could provide any further insight)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    hip pain, hips