It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Tlif fusion 11 months ago and im in more pain now help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-18-2015, 02:15 AM   #1
    Tommy153
    (male)

Tommy153 HB User
    Tlif fusion 11 months ago and im in more pain now help

If anyone has had more pain after surgery i would love to hear from you the first 3 months were fine no more leg pain but after 5 months started getting pains ive never had before and i cant get out of bed for more then a hour. I have only been seen once since my surgery at 3 month follow up because my dr left the practice and im still waiting to see his replacement which is still another month away i have tried everywhere else just to get someone to do an xray and no one will do it please help me i cant even get a prescription for pain medication even with my records showing i had surgery in January. What should I do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2015, 09:07 AM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Tlif fusion 11 months ago and im in more pain now help

I think you will find that many people are in pain post surgery. What is unusual is that you haven't had more follow up with your spine surgeon. Are you located in the U.S.?

Please describe where your pain is located. Is it different from what you had before? With a TLIF there are a couple places where things can go wrong as they are attempting to stabilize from both the anterior and posterior position. It may be that hardware has slipped or something similar. It is important to have a new MRI to see what is going on.

Sometimes even when hardware is in place, a patient is still in pain. That was my case, and I ended up having three surgeries before they resolved my issues.

The following user gives a hug of support to teteri66:
    Tommy153 (11-18-2015)
    Old 11-18-2015, 09:31 AM   #3
    Tommy153
    (male)

Tommy153 HB User

Yes i am in US had my surgery at Duke University in Nc the problem is my doctor left and went to Texas he told me call in may to schedule my 6 month follow up and his case load would be taken care of but when I called i was told to find a new doctor thry still didn't have a replacement for him. Well for the last 6 months i have called every back dr in town no one will see me because its still under a year. So 2 months ago i called Duke for an appointment which they were gonna give me until I asked for some pain meds then i get a call from the head of neurosurgery telling me that I am being discharged because there doctors don't have time to deal with someones pain long story short threatened to sue and was given an appointment the next day but thats not till 12/15. And the pain is just to the right of my incision and right above also in my butt more on left side got rid of leg pain for 3 more. Also very hard to sit long which wouldn't be a problem but i had reconstructive surgery on my foot 6 years and it was a non union which hurts more than anything so walking around isn't really a option And the thing that really sucks is my pm doctor retired 2 months ago who ive been going to for the past 3 years and the only dr in a 120 mile radius of my house who perscrbes methadone the only thing that works for me I can't even get a prescription for anything i have tried everywhere so right now im sitting in the methadone clinic a mile from my house ready to get some relief so instead of 3 dollars a month i get to pay 13 a day which makes absolutely no sense to me they take every ins except medicaid so they will cover it for pm but not recovery

Last edited by Tommy153; 11-18-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:08 AM   #4
    suez0367
    (female)

suez0367 HB User

I'm sorry to hear that you're in such pain. Have you tried showing up at the ER? Or if you have your old doctor's contact info, couldn't you ask for a referral and that he pass your records on to another doctor? He's got to have some contacts or colleagues who could look at your case. Good luck!

Old 11-18-2015, 01:27 PM   #5
    Tommy153
    (male)

Tommy153 HB User

The Er was a joke and i can get a referral and be in by next week only problem is no one will perscribe methadone i have all my records showing thats what ive been on for 3 years they still won't do it and as bad as i hurt i don't want to be a guinea pig again i know what works and because you ask for something by name ur a drug seeker and im the kind of person to tell them off

so I just got into the methadone clinic today no problem in and out in a hour finally starting to feel better

Last edited by Administrator; 02-15-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Closed Thread